Chapter 20

"Why do you think they will be able to do it this time?"
"Oh you know why...  The boy isn't going to be able to last much longer out there"
"You are an idiot...  He will not let himself be caught that easily"
"I do know that"
"Now what do you plan on doing about that?"
"Catch his attention.  It should be easy enough"
"Easy enough?  Nothing is ever easy with that one"
"This time it will be...  He seems to have a strange interest in those children"
"Ah yes...  Now I see where you're going with this"
"Then let's go...  Let Poison and Blizzard try and take care of it"
"Alright then...  I'll leave this up to you"

Shadow struggled for a moment to get the door to open.  There was blood dripping down from his left arm.  The arm was hanging uselessly at his side, the entire of his forearm were wrapped in what they called spike wire.  The thin wire was covered with small hooks and spikes that would cut and slice anything it came in contact with.

"Burning wires"

Stepping into the apartment, Shadow kicked the door closed behind him.  Leon and Eve came running into the room from the kitchen.

Both froze the moment they saw Shadow at the door.  Shadow only looked at them for a moment before quickly walking over to the window.  He looked out and stepped back, turning his attention back tot he other two.

Eve was staring at the wire that hung from Shadow's hand and the blood splattered on the floor.  "What are you doing here?" Leon asked.  Shadow frowned slightly.  "Where's the first-aid kit?" he asked "Is it still in the bathroom?"  the two stared at him, speechlessly.  Leon only managed to nod.  "Are there still wire cutters in the bathroom?" Shadow asked as he started towards the bedroom. 

"Yes...  But what do you want to do with it?" Eve asked, running after Shadow.

In the bathroom, Shadow sat down on the ground.  He pulled out the first-aid kit and the wire cutters.  Without paying in the least attention to the two, he pulled on a piece of wire and it ripped out of his arm.  He dropped it to the ground, blood flowing from the wound.  "It's for cutting the wire...  What else would I use it for?" Shadow asked as he started cutting the wires that were coiled around his arm.

With every wire that was cut, more blood ran down his arm, forming a pool on the tile floor.  Only a few pieces of wire came lose and fell to the ground.  "You might not want to watch this" Shadow said, quickly looking up at the two that stood in the door.

Eve shook her head and Leon just folded his arms.

Shadow shrugged and pulled the first piece of wire out of his arm.  He dropped it to the ground without a word.  As Shadow continued pulling out pieces of wire, the hooks and spikes ripped of pieces from his shirt.  The wire left holes and deep cuts in his arm.  

Blood pooled on the floor, mixing with the dropped pieces of wire.

When the last piece of wire fell onto the heap with the others, Shadow got up.  "You need to let a doctor look at that" Eve said.  

Shadow shook his head as he opened the tap.  "No need for that..." he muttered putting his arm under the running water.  Within seconds the water turned red.  

"No need for that?  There are holes in your arm and you don't think you need a doctor for it?" Leon asked sarcastically.  Shadow smirked slightly and looked at the two.  "I've taken care of worse" he said, closing the tap "I'm just not very good at stitching.  It normally comes out crooked"

Kicking open the first-aid kit, Shadow bent down and took out some gauze, a bottle of alcohol and antibiotic ointment.  Holing his arm over the sink, he poured the alcohol over it.