-4-

Kurt continued to crunch his teeth into the apple. Chewing and swallowing. Then repeating the process. The fruit, pain killers, and warm milk has calmed his stomach.

He felt better, thanks to Dave. It truly touched his heart for how caring his drummer friend can be. The television continued to play the film.

Finishing the apple down to the core. Kurt stood himself up. "Excuse me." He muttered softly as he watched Dave shift a bit. Allowing the blonde to go past.

Kurt walked himself into the kitchen. Yawning as he did so, he threw away his apple core. Returning back into the living room as he rubbed one of his eyes.

Dave noticed this as a smile rested on his face. "Are you sleepy?" He asked the question ever–so–lightly. Small hums came into response from Kurt's throat as he nodded his head.

"Let's get you to bed then." Dave's voice spoke as he got himself up. He walked over to the television and pushed the off button. The whole VCR player shutting off, too.

Kurt's hand scratched the back of his head as Dave approached him. The brunet wrapped his arm around Kurt.

"I'm sorry." Kurt's rasped voice spoke as the two began their way up the stairs. Brunet colored eyebrows furrowed together as they make it up the stairs.

"–Why?" Dave asked as the two approached Kurt's bedroom. Kurt sniffled once as he lifted his tired gaze.

"For bothering you." He replied as he turned around. His hand grasping at his bedroom door as he turned it open. He was about to walk inside but Dave gently grabbed the man's arm.

"Hey. You don't bother me, Kurt." Dave worriedly says. Kurt turned his head slightly. The two males making eye contact once again with each other.

Blonde eyebrow slowly rising itself upwards. "..What?" Kurt spoke, in disbelief of what Dave has just told him.

Dave repeated himself. "You don't bother me." More in a serious tone. His heart pained at the negative thoughts that Kurt has.

Kurt hummed softly as he fully turned his body and faced the brunet. "I don't?" "–No, Kurt. You're my friend." Dave answered as he stared deep into the blondes eyes.

His eyes.

Dave felt his heart flutter as he stared intensely at the color. So blue like oceans. Crisp. Such a beautiful shade of blue. Cerulean.

Kurt felt his face began to warm up as he felt nervous by Dave's stare. His hands go up and start to fidget with his sleeves. His blue gaze slowly pried itself away and shyly looked downwards to the floor.

Dave chuckled softly and low. The sound of Dave's chuckle made kurt's face burn more with the familiar crimson red blush. Just like the apple.

The drummer smiled once he noticed how red Kurt's face has gotten. He smiled dorkishly as he muttered.

"Have a goodnight Kurt, if you need anything. I'm right there." Dave beamed with care as a smile rises to his face once again.

Kurt gave him a thumbs up as his back went back to facing the emptiness of the bedroom. The blonde stepped inside of the room. He waved at Dave before shutting the bedroom door.

Dave sighed as he walked to his own room. He went inside and left the door slightly cracked. He takes off his shirt. Now being shirtless. He crawled into his bed.

Back gently placed against the softness of his bed as his chestnut eyes stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom. Kurt constantly on the man's mind. Until eventually after thinking so much in the dark room, the man passed out. Asleep.

The rain continued to pour outside. Apartment now dead silent. As for Kurt, he was tucked up into his blankets.

He was curled up with his eyes closed. Attempting to fall asleep. He tried his hardest but it wasn't seem to be working.

Grunting from aggravation from the lack of slumber, Kurt sat himself up. His hair going every which way.

For Dave, he was asleep in his room. Sleeping on his back. His bare chest exposed with the dark colored blanket slightly drapes over his lower half.

Kurt looked around his blackened room. The bookshelf slightly a mess. Kurt got himself up.

Quietly as he could, he started to organize his books, along with his CDs and vinyls. It was some activity to do to get himself more tired.

Once he finished, he attempted to fall asleep again. But it didn't work. It failed. Kurt rubbed his face from so much exhaustion. He didn't know why he couldn't sleep.

The milk should've made him sleep easier. Unfortunately it did not. The melatonin was there, sure. But he just could not get to sleep.

He gazed at the clock, it read the numbers of 3:24. He picked up his pillow and slammed it against his face.

Huffing, the man drops the pillow. Suddenly a thought came through his head. Remembering what Dave said.

"If you need anything, I'm right here."

Echoed in his head. Kurt sighed in defeat as he got himself out of bed. Rubbing the back of his head, he slowly walked himself to the exit.

Kurt left his bedroom. He walked down the hallway a bit, hearing Krist's snoring. A small whispered laugh left out of him as he approached Dave's bedroom.

The door was partly cracked.

He raised his hand and softly knocked on the door.