-9-

Krist picked up the phone. After a few rings. Dave sighed softly into the phone as he leaned back on the kitchen counter.

"Hello?" Krist's voice spoke inside. Dave immediately replied. "Hey, Krist. Its Dave. Can we chat for a moment?"

"Oh sure, what's up man?"

"–It's about Kurt." Dave began as his brown eyes looked around. Making sure the blond headed male wasn't present.

He heard a guitar playing upstairs, which caused Dave to smile slowly. "What about Kurt?" The question was asked into Dave's ear via phone call.

"Oh. Right." Dave snapped back into reality as he continued his phone call. "I think.." he trailed off.

"What is it? Is he doing–"

"What?! No, No. No. Not that. We cleared his room last week remember?"

"Oh yeah, that's right. Okay then..what about Kurt? Dave, I'm confused. Talk to me, dude."

Dave sighed softly into the phone. "I think.. I might have feelings for him. Dude, you know what I mean?"

There was a brief silence. So Dave continued, "Like– romantical feelings for him."

Dave heard a soft laughter enter the phone. "Hey! Krist it's not funny!" "–No, it's okay Dave. I just, knew it."

Rush of warmth tickled up Dave's face as he groaned. He didn't know it was  that obvious. "It's that obvious?" Dave croaked out as he huffed in embarrassment.

"Well, to me it is. The way you look at him. And like – those eye contact moments. Dude, you really are in love."

"His eyes.." Dave trailed off. Lips curling up into a smile as his mind traveled back to Kurt's facial features. Seeing a mental image of him smiling.

"..His eyes are so pretty. I can't stop staring at those eyes." Dave accidentally blurted into the phone which caused Krist to chuckle.

"Well, maybe you should wing your shot man. Be brave."

Dave grunted in aggravation. "I know, I know. Krist. I'm just nervous. I'm worried that he won't feel the same – or.. he'll just reject me just because. Or he's not interested in men – i–"

"Dave." Krist muttered into the phone. Silencing Dave's worries. "What?" Dave bit his trembling lip as he heard the guitar playing  silenced itself.

He hopes Kurt wasn't hearing anything.

"Look man, if he wasn't interested in men..why would he leave us little kisses on live TV? Why would he wear dresses?"

"Just to support, Krist–"

"–No." Krist replied into the phone, cutting Dave off as he cleared his throat.

"I had a conversation with Kurt one time, a few years ago. When Nirvana has started, and uh. He told me, that he might be interested in men as well. Talked about living a bisexual lifestyle. If you know."

Dave felt his heart flutter. Maybe Kurt is bisexual. Just like Dave. "He really said that?" He asked, wanting a clarification. "Yeah, he did. And by the looks of it. I've noticed his face turns red once in awhile around you. He might feel the same."

A smile broke across Dave's face as he nodded his head happily. "Thank you Krist, really. I was being an overthinker about this situation."

"No problem man, I'll see you in November. Give me a call if you need anything else. Tell that to Kurt too. You have plenty of time to confess."

"Y–yeah, for sure. Thanks..again. Buh-bye." Dave muttered as the the phone line went completely out.

Dave sets the phone back into the landline position as he exhaled deeply. He placed his hands on the counter.

"Whew.. that's very reassuring to hear." He shakes his head. His back was facing the blonde that suddenly approached him.

"What's reassuring?" The soft raspy voice spoke out the question. Dave felt himself get startled. He turned quickly around and stared wide-eyed at Kurt.

"Huh?– oh nothing." He muttered, relaxing himself. His shoulders going back into their slouched position. Kurt laughed softly as he shakes his head.

"Nothing? Looks like I scared the shit outta you." Kurt replied as he opened the fridge. Taking out a bottle of Evian water. He closed the fridge door and turned around. Leaning his back against the fridge.

He opened the bottle and brought it up to his lips. Taking a drink of the cold water with an eyebrow raised.

"It's nothing important." Dave reassured as he watched Kurt with hushed love in his chestnut eyes.

"Hm. Okay." Kurt croaked out as he takes another sip. His facial expression turning relaxed as he lowered the bottle. A pinch of suspicion rising in the back of his head.

Dave walked over. Jokingly he ruffled the top of Kurt's golden locks. Kurt gripped the water bottle tighter in his hand as he started to feel himself blush again.

"I'll be in the living room. I'll put on a film. How about horror?" Kurt asked as a cheeky smile rises back onto his face. Dave shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, I can make us some sandwiches for dinner. How does that sound?"

Kurt glanced up at the clock in the kitchen. It read the numbers 6:25.
A small smile rested on Kurt's lips as he leaned his head up and pecked dave's cheek.

"Sure, thank you." He muttered and left the kitchen.

Leaving Dave with a bright red face.