-15-

Dave's chestnut eyes glanced down at the sleeping blonde. His lips trembled. He held the blonde close.

He couldn't help but feel himself tear up. Silently tears started to roll down Dave's face. He leaned his head down. Laying it on top of the shorters as he bit his lip to quiet his crying.

"You're so close.." Dave shakily whispered as hot tears continued to pour out his eyes. "..yet so far." A quiet sob escaped out of Dave.

His trembling lips brushed themselves against the soft stubbled skin on Kurt's face.

Kurt felt something wet. His blue eyes stirred awake. Dave continued to cry softly. His head laying on top of the frontman's.

Blonde locks slowly moved as Kurt lifted his head. Dave moved his head back once he noticed Kurt as woken up.

"I'm sorry for waking you." Dave croaked out as he sat up. Kurt moved himself off as the two sat on the couch. Dave has his knees tucked up while Kurt scooted himself closer.

He brushed the tear off his face as he looked at Dave with worry. "No, don't worry about that. Why are you crying?" Kurt asked worriedly.

Using his flannel sleeve, he raised it and wiped away his friend's tears. Dave sniffled. He lied, "I don't know. It just.. happened."

"Was it something I said? Something I did?" Kurt asked. His overthinking habits were starting to get to him.

"No, no. Don't be an overthinker. It's nothing. It's nothing to worry about. Okay?" Dave replied. Feeling himself relax at the sight of Kurt in front of him.

Kurt leaned in and pecked Dave's cheek. Dave held his tears in. Cerulean eyes gazed upwards to taller. Noticing the glossiness.

Using the sleeve again to wipe Dave's eyes. "I'm worried about you." Kurt spoke softly as his head laid itself onto Dave's shoulder.

Dave slowly calmed himself. Taking a few deep breaths. "Don't be worried, please."

Kurt sighed softly. He eventually gave up and nodded his head in defeat. He hopes Dave is actually okay.

"Here, lay your back on my chest. We can stay like this for a little while. I enjoy holding you." Dave slipped out the words.

Scarlet blush covered the both of their faces. Kurt complied, laying his back softly against Dave's chest.

Dave wrapped his arms around the blondes waist. His brown eyes gazing themselves towards the tv show that was currently playing.

It was late. 11:00PM.
Suddenly Dave shifted his eyes over to see Kurt holding one of Dave's hands.

Eyeing the large fingers, Kurt was fidgeting with Dave's fingers. Occasionally bending them up and slowly going back to the next one, before shutting Dave's hand completely.

Kurt's calloused thumb lightly brushed itself on top of Dave's hand before opening it once again.

Dave smiled as he watched. He found this honestly adorable. How the slimed hands that belonged to Kurt were fidgety with Dave's singular hand. The other, was calmly resting itself onto Kurt's thigh.

The blonde didn't mind. Dave decided to take this a step further, using his thumb as he circled the fabric of Kurt's covered jeaned thigh.

Kurt felt his face rush up with a feverish heat of excitement and love. Tangling his hand in with Dave's, he laid his head back down. Gently placing it onto the Dave's rock hard built.

But it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable. In fact, it was just right. And Kurt has gotten use to being this close with the drummer.

Dave slowly stopped his movements with the hand that was plastered onto Kurt's thin thigh. Instead, he patted it gently and then rested his hand there.

Kurt kept his fingers laced in with Dave's. Giving the brunet a soft squeeze. Dave witnessed a smile slowly tug onto Kurt's lips.

It truly made his heart melt. Kurt is honestly adorable.

Dave lightly bit his lip as he squeezed Kurt's hand back in return. "Do you want to watch a movie tonight? We already had dinner earlier...so a movie sounds good, right?"

Kurt's blue gaze lifted up and away from Dave's hand. They both made an intense eye contact for each other. Full of love and passion.

"Right." Kurt whispered out. His gaze slowly looked down to Dave's lips shyly before looking away at the pile of VCR video tapes.

"Go pick a film out. I'm going to change into my PJs then." Kurt muttered out shyly as he gets himself off of Dave.

"Hurry and get back then!" Dave gleefully beamed as Kurt went upstairs. Suddenly the phone rang.

Dave went over to the kitchen and answered the phone. He placed it up to his ear.

"–Hello?"

"Hey! It's Krist. Just wanted to check in. How you two holding up? Any make out sessions?"

Dave felt his face turn red. "I–No! But I mean.. we have left little kisses to each other...cuddles most of the time."

"So it's official?"

"Wh- no! I haven't had the courage yet." Dave spoke into the phone. Looking around anxiously to make sure Kurt hasn't came back yet.

"You better do it man, you have all this time. It's the 17th dude. You got a few weeks left, don't blow your chance. That's also a reason why I left, so you can get your point across to Kurt."
Krist explained further. A laugh afterward.

Dave noticed the blond come down in his plaid pajama pants and a navy blue colored sweater.

"Oh, okay well that's really nice– I gotta go– Kurt and I are going to watch a movie, together."

Krist smiled on the other line, hearing how rushed Dave's voice sounded.

"Okay, well you two have fun."

Dave scowled a bit as he replied back to his friend. "We have been, you have fun with Shelli."

Kurt burst out laughing from the other room. Dave started to laugh along. Hearing a groan of embarrassment come from Krist.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Goodnight." Krist muttered into the phone.
Dave calmed his laughter.

"Night Krist."

The phone call ended.