-5-

Dave slightly stirred from his slumber. He shifted as his eyes slowly opened themselves.

Kurt waited at the doorway. Slowly he pushed the door more open and peered his head into it.

Chestnut eyes glanced at the door. Seeing the silhouette. A small smile slowly rises up to Dave's face as he gets out of bed.

He walked over and fully opened the door. He looked down at the shorter. Kurt's blue eyes looked up as he embarrassingly spoke out.

"–I can't sleep."

Dave hummed in response. "Have you tried?" He questioned the blond. Kurt nodded his head.

"Yes, twice. I can't fucking sleep. My mind is racing." Kurt's cerulean eyes looked down at the floor. He pulled his sleeves over his hands.

"Come inside then." Dave replied as he allows the blond frontman to enter the bedroom.

Kurt walks inside. Dave calmly shuts the door once he entered the bedroom.

The lead guitarist takes a seat on the bed that belonged to Dave. It was comfy. It was soft. Kurt brushed his fingertips against the fabrications of the blankets and sheets.

"Would you like to sleep in here?" Dave asked. "I can sleep with you." He added on. His heart starting to increase it's beating.

He knew his feelings.
He knew they were completely present in his heart and mindfulness.

Kurt felt the bright flare of blush rise up to his face. His body got warm. Dave noticed as he walked over.

The blonde just now realized that the brunet was shirtless. Which caused his heart to pound in his ribcage.

He found Dave, attractive. Ever since they first laid eyes on each other. He just knew. But he's much too nervous and shy to say anything. So he bottled it down. Hid it so deep.

They are friends.

"You okay Kurt? Do you have a fever?"

"–No, I'm fine." Kurt immediately replied. Dave felt a smirk tug up onto his lips as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, well then. Let's get some sleep."
Dave replied. Kurt sheepishly nodded his head as he slides himself down into a laying position.

Dave walked over. A soft smile spreads across the drummers face as he started to tuck Kurt in.

Kurt's stomach burst with butterflies as he watched. Feeling the sudden warmth and coziness. It made him feel sleepy.

"Thank you." Shyly Kurt muttered as Dave nodded his head. "It's no problem, buddy." He muttered softly back in reply.

He walked himself to the other side of the bed. Crawling himself in, he grabbed a bit of blanket for himself.

Dave laid on his back, while Kurt laid onto his side. His facial features looked so gentle and relaxed. His cerulean blue eyes stared sleepily at Dave.

The drummer gave a small smile towards the blonde headed male as he shifted closer. "–You cold?" He whispered. Kurt blushed again as he scooted himself closer.

His head lightly laid onto Dave's bare chest. Blonde hair slightly dangled acrossing the chest that belonged to the brunet.

"No, just wanted to be..closer." Kurt whispered softly in reply. His cheeks warming up again. Hearing those words made Dave's face warm up as well.

A small exhale escaped out of Dave's lips. His heart beating softly. Kurt listened to dave's heartbeat. It was helping him feel more exhausted.

With an add on, Dave's hand slowly went up and started to play with the slicked blonde locks. It didn't bother Dave. Kurt's hair is pretty.

Fingers lightly tangling themselves into it. He twirled with his fingers for a moment as he continued to play with it. Soothing the blond headed rockstar.

"Sleepy, now?" Dave whispered. His lips softly pressed against Kurt's ear. Kurt felt his face heat up again. His blue eyes slowly looked up and he nodded his head.

"Mm, close your eyes then hon." Dave replied. He meant for the nickname to slip out. He was such a smooth action to do. He had to make his feelings more obvious towards the naïve male.

Kurt complied and slowly closed his eyes. Feeling himself relax more from the little head scratches he got behind his ears. Dave continued to run his fingers in those long locks.

Blonde hair was the perfect amount. Not super long, not super short. It was about touching the tip of Kurt's shoulder blades. Moreso close to the neck just below the jawline.

It was soft to the touch. Dave enjoyed this. Enjoyed on how comfortable Kurt was with this. How close Dave was. He was practically cuddling his friend.

Dave knew his feelings were there. They were intense. So much love poured. But he kept it locked up. He kept it inside. He was too nervous on what Cobain would think of him.

But Grohl had absolutely no idea that Cobain indeed for a fact feel the same exact way. The flustered moments, the intense eye contacts, the brief touches and attempts at flirtations with the drummer.

But Dave has no clue.

Call himself naive for sure. In fact, both of them were so oblivious for their feelings for each other.

Dave looked down with his brown eyes. Noticing that Kurt has fallen into a slumber. Smiling softly, Dave slowly extracted his hand away.

He leaned his head down, lightly placing his lips softly against his friend's head. He was brave. He grinned as his heart pounded in his chest.

Kurt smiled a bit in his sleep. Listening to the heartbeat as his hand gently pressed itself onto Dave's bare chest. Simply not moving, just set there.

Dave pulled his lips back as he laid his head onto the pillow. His other arm wrapped around Kurt, lightly his hand placed against the back of the lead guitarist.

He can feel the scrawniness, the spinal cord. He knew this wasn't Kurt's fault though. It was his body. It was his struggles. Yet, he loves him. But, they are friends.

Dave decided to close his eyes. He needed the sleep too. It was 4:17am now read the clock. The rain was soft. So it wasn't as obnoxious.

Eventually, both of the males have fallen asleep.

Together.