77: Delivery Day

It's early in the morning when you are suddenly jolted wide awake from your sweet dreams by a sharp pain.

Startled, you tried to sit upright, only to find yourself unable to do so. Hot streaks of pain shoot down your abdomen.

Oh no...

You inhale a huge gulp of air, trying to catch your breath which seems to be stolen from you. Anxiety courses through you and you roll to one side, eagerly seeking out the presence of your husband.

Kyōjurō is laying next you, still asleep; his light snores tells you, you've not woken him with you sudden writhing.

"K-Kyō, wake up!" You reach out for him and nudge at him. Needing him.

"Kyōjurō," you call, your voice cracking as another wave of intense pain crashes through your person with all the power of a clench fist.

You scrunch tightly into yourself, doubling over. A cry escapes you and you nudge him even harder, causing Kyōjurō to jolt awake.

"(Name)?" He says groggy, while sitting up and rubbed his eye.

He peers at you, eyes fluttering and brows creasing and noticed the way your expression is scrunched in agony.

"What's the matter, my love?" He leans forward, caressing your cheek. "Tell me what is happening. Is it the baby?"

"I...think something's wrong..." you croak, your eyes flaring wide as you started to feel movement from within your uterus. The weight of the infant inside of you shifts lower, making you scream again.

It is then that the two of you realise that the bedding below you is soaking wet.

Your water broke!

"Oh my god..." you groan and then grab for Kyōjurō's arm. "It's happening... the baby's coming!"

Like lighting, Kyōjurō bolted out of bed. He bare form hurriedly searching around the room for his clothes.

You breathe in and out slowly to help ease your contractions. Thankfully, you haven't entered true labor yet, but there's not a second to waste.

Once dressed, Kyōjurō is back to your side, "we have to get you to the Butterfly Estate!" He says and gently scoops you up bridal style.

Luckily, the estate wasn't that far from where you live, so if you hurry, it'll take less than ten minutes.

"Do I weigh anything to you?" You tried to distract yourself from the pain.

Kyōjurō smiles, not even faltering as he carries you out the room, "An apple is fine. Maybe a couple of cherries." He remarks.

───────────────

His baby was coming.. and fast! And Kyōjurō clearly wasn't going to wait for anyone as he hurried down the corridors of the Butterfly Estate with you in tow.

Thankfully, several Kakushi members were already up and about, including Goto, who all helped him escort you to the infirmary room, before leaving to go get Shinobu or Ruru.