Chapter 17

Pierce

Hers.

Here this whole time I thought I snatched her away from her life to keep her to myself. To keep her as mine. But then she turned it all around on me and now she owns me. Heart, body, mind and soul. I really should have seen it coming, to be honest. With one singular kiss, any hope I ever had of moving on if I had to let her go has dissolved completely. Shattered to dust and floated away into the abyss. If she ever chooses to go, to leave me behind as the empty husk of a man, I know I could never recover. 

"You alright?" she asks, looking up at me sweetly. My sudden realization of complete and total obsession has an uncomfortable tendril of doubt spiraling around my body. But other than that, I'm fantastic. 

"Better than alright." I murmur, leaning down to tuck my face into her neck. This is my favorite place to be, I decide. I sit quietly for a long moment, our chests pressed together so hard I can feel Harlow's heart beating through my own body. 

I press a firm kiss to the pulse point in her neck, sucking gently on her soft, warm skin. I feel her hands tighten on my shoulders, her fingernails digging into me as she lets out a quiet groan that has me addicted to the sound after just one taste of it. My cock grows painfully hard and I tuck it under the countertop so Harlow can't feel it pressing against her. I try to think of something to get it to deflate, like sad puppies or turtles trapped in sea garbage. I take a few deep breaths and pull away from Harlow slightly. 

"Do you have to work more?" she asks, practically begging me not to. I do actually. I really do, but I don't have it in my heart to disappoint this enchanting little creature. 

"No, love. You have my undivided attention for the rest of the afternoon." I say with a grin. She lets out a happy sound and pushes me away before she bounces off the counter. Luckily my cock has settled enough that I can readjust it slightly without her noticing it. 

"Let's go swim!" she says excitedly and I have to stifle a groan. 

I'm not going to stay soft for long. 

She grabs my hand and wraps her arms around mine before linking our fingers together as she pulls me towards the pool room. She swipes her thumb across my knuckles, the movement so sweet and tender my breath catches in my throat. Once we get in the room, the humidity envelopes us, my body starting to relax into the heated moisture. Harlow heads towards the bathroom to change and I wait patiently for her. When she comes out, she's wrapped in a towel and bounds over to me, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"You're turn." she says cheerfully. 

I can't help but smile at her enthusiasm and head to the room to change. When I come back out, Harlow is already in the water. She comes up out of the water and pushes her wet hair back from her face. She's in a black bikini that leaves little to the imagination and I watch as droplets of water drip down in between her breasts. A pained sound leaves me before I can stop it and Harlow's eyes dart to mine. 

"You alright?" she asks again. 

"Really, sweetheart?" I ask, motioning towards her bathing suit. 

She wanders over towards me slowly in the water, a grin on her face until she gets to where I'm standing at the edge. She looks up at me with wide eyes, feigning innocence as she pouts slightly. 

"What? You don't like it?" she asks, running her hands over her breasts and pushing them slightly together. I groan again and tilt my head back, closing my eyes and trying to regain control of my body. I take a deep breath before I look down at her. 

"Of course I do. You look beautiful." I say, slipping into the water next to her. 

She doesn't waste a moment. She pounces on me, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist as she clings to me. I'm surprised, but I put my hands on her hips to keep her steady.

"That's too bad." she murmurs. 

She leans forward and pecks a kiss to my chin before trailing more up my jawline before she whispers in my ear. 

"I wasn't going for beautiful. I was going for sexy." 

My hands tighten on her hips, my fingers digging into her soft skin. Where she's pressed against me feels warm and my knees go weak at how fucking good her skin feels on mine. 

"You're gorgeous, Harlow." I murmur, kissing her neck up to chin. I suck gently, leaving little marks everywhere I go. "Irresistible." I add, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her even tighter into me so she can feel how hard I am. 

So she can feel what she does to me. 

She gasps a little, but that quickly transforms into a groan and she grinds her hips, just once, against me. Little pops of pleasure sizzle across my skin and I have to clench my jaw to keep from pushing things further. She's in charge here, she always will be. I will take any scrap or crumb of attention or affection that she deems me worthy of, but I'll never press her boundaries. I don't want anything from her unless it's freely given. 

"Pierce..." she moans my name and it's nearly my undoing. 

"Tell me what you want, love. Use your words. Anything you want. Just ask for it and it's yours." I say before reattaching my lips to her now heated skin. I breathe in deep, trying to get to her natural scent beneath the chemicals of the pool water. 

"I just want this." she whispers, almost more to herself than to me. 

"Want what?" I ask.

"You. To keep wanting me like this. To keep treating me like this." she says quietly. I pull away to look at her and am surprised to see tears in her eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I ask her, carrying her towards the shallower end of the pool so I can sit with her on my lap and focus more on what she's saying. She sighs a little, her shoulders dropping and I'm confused by her sudden change in demeanor. I snuggle her in close to my chest and guide her to rest her head on my shoulder. 

"No one has ever treated me like this, Pierce. Like I was the center of their world. At first, when you brought me here I was terrified. But over the last month or so, I've started to enjoy it. To crave you in a way I never thought possible. And now I'm terrified that you'll realize I'm nothing special. That I don't deserve this. Deserve you." she says, choking back a sob. 

"Oh, sweet girl. You deserve so much more than me." I murmur, kissing her temple as I wipe away her tears. 

"I don't know why you think that. No one has ever liked me this much." she says sadly and my heart breaks at how alone this girl must have felt after her mom passed away. I pull her up so she can look at me because I want her to know what I mean what I'm about to say. 

"Harlow. I don't just like you. I love you. More than I have ever loved anyone or anything in my entire life. I love you. And no matter what happens in a few days, a few months or a few years, I will never stop. I will love you until my heart stops beating. For as long as I exist in this world, I will be yours."