Epilogue

Thirteen Years Later...

Harlow

"Mom! Have you seen my tie?" Beckett calls from down the hallway. I roll my eyes and smile as I walk towards his room. 

"On your dresser, baby." I say, pointing towards it.

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry." he says with a sheepish grin that still makes my heart feel warm after all these years. 

"When's Bella getting here?" I ask. 

"Everyone's gonna be here at four." he says, tucking his shirt into his dress pants. 

"Did you get the corsage?" I ask him. 

"Oh shit!" he exclaims. I groan and give him a firm look, but his face just splits into a grin. "Just kidding. It's in the fridge." he says walking past me. He kisses my cheek on the way before throwing a smile back at me. "Love you, mom!" he yells. 

"Love you too." I say to his retreating form.

A few hours later we're standing outside with Beckett's group of friends as they all take pictures before their senior prom. I still can't believe that he's grown already and all set to go off to college in the fall. He has his arms wrapped around a girl that I've only seen once before. That's one thing about Beckett, he never takes things too seriously. 

"Sutton! Come take a picture with your brother please." Pierce calls into the house. A few moments later she appears, but she doesn't look at Beckett. No, her eyes go straight to his best friend Milo. 

Interesting. 

"Hey, little sis. Don't I look handsome?" Beckett asks, tickling Sutton's sides. 

"Sure." she says smiling, but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. I see Milo watching her, despite having a beautiful young lady draped across him and make a mental note to ask Sutton about it later. 

"Smile please. Pretend you like each other." I implore of our children. 

They stand next to each other, Beckett slinging his arm over Sutton's shoulders as she smiles, her dimples appearing. 

"Get in there with them, mom and dad." One of the other parents suggests. 

I grab Pierce's hand and go to stand by our children, me by Beckett and him by Sutton. We smile as the other mom clicks a few pictures before looking over at Pierce. He's already watching me, a wide smile on his face as we share a knowing look. Both of us so proud of the young people those sad, scared children have turned into. 

I grab Beckett's face and kiss his cheek until he pulls away and gives me a smile. 

"I gotta go, Mom. Stoooop." he whines, pulling away again. 

"Alright. But be good. And call us if you need us." I say firmly. Pierce claps his hand on his shoulder and pulls him away, having the same conversation he has a few times over the last couple of years. 

Wear protection and don't drive under the influence of anything. 

It seems like just yesterday we were taking him to t-ball practice. How quickly they grow.

They all climb into the limo and we wave as they take off. I look around for Sutton, but she's already gone back into the house. Pierce comes up next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder and tucking me into his side. He presses a kiss to my head as I watch the retreating car. 

"We did good, sweetheart. We did good." he murmurs into my ear. 

"Yeah, we did." 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you enjoyed it! If you did, please consider following me or checking out my profile, I have other completed books as well!