Chapter 21

Harlow

Days pass with Pierce and I existing in a comfortable bubble of bliss. I didn't know that loving someone like this could feel so good, so easy. But I never got tired of him. I was getting a little antsy, being stuck in the house all the time, but I honestly didn't want to leave if I was going to go somewhere without Pierce. 

I roll over in bed to see him sitting up and looking at his laptop. I grin and reach over towards him, running my hand up his arm gently. His head snaps to look down at me before an easy smile stretches across his face. A moment later, something else flashes across his face, like concern. 

"You alright?" I ask, pushing myself up so I can look at him better. 

"Of course, sweetheart. Is it weird that I love watching you sleep?" he asks and I can't help but laugh. 

"You stalked me, Pierce. It's really not surprising." I say, but my joke doesn't land. Instead, he furrows his brow as if deep in concentration and I reach out to touch his face gently. "I didn't mean anything by that, baby. I love you and I'm glad you did what you did." I say more gently. He smiles again, but this one seems more forced. 

"I have a surprise planned for you tonight." he says warmly. 

"Oh yeah?" I ask surprised. "What is it?" 

"Go look in your room." he says. 

I roll out of bed and stretch, groaning slightly. Pierce's eyes trace my naked body and I shake my boobs a little just to taunt him. He chuckles, but his eyes turn dark as he watches me like prey. I grab his shirt off the bedroom floor and pull it over me before exiting the room. I feel giddy as I hurry across the hall and turn to see Pierce following me. 

I push the door open and see a beautiful gown laying on the bed. It's dark blue transitioning to green at the bottom with a slight sheen to it that makes it look like it's almost glowing. I gasp at how gorgeous this dress is. I know it will accentuate my figure perfectly and looks like it's just the right length. On the floor I see some strappy heels that match. I turn to look at Pierce, who's leaning against the doorway watching me with warm affection. Tears prick my eyes and I walk over to him, pushing on my tip toes to kiss him. He returns my affection, wrapping his arms around my waist. When he pulls away from the kiss, he rubs his nose against mine adorably and it makes me giggle. 

"It's amazing, baby. Thank you so much." I murmur, keeping a tight hold on him. 

"That's not everything." he says, turning me around and nudging me towards the dresser. 

Sitting on top in a display box is a diamond necklace with matching earrings. I stop short when I see them, reaching out to run my fingers across them gently. They're perfect and will go with the dress like they were made to be worn together. I can tell just from looking at the jewelry that it's probably worth more than my car and my house combined. I feel Pierce come up behind me. He wraps his arms around me and tucks his face into my neck, pressing gentle kisses up to my ear. 

"Do you like them?" he asks, clearly nervous about my answer. My hands are shaking as I pull them away from the box and turn to face him. 

"I love them. But what's the occasion?" I ask. 

"I'm taking you to dinner." he says. I giggle a little, thinking it's silly to get all dressed up just to sit in the dining room, but then the realization of his meaning washes over me. 

"Taking me? Like, out of the house?" I ask. He nods, smiling down at me as he cups my cheeks. 

"You've been cooped up here for months. I think it's time to set my little bird free." he murmurs.