Chapter 30

Harlow

I groan and stretch as I start to reenter the world of the living. I try to hold onto my dream about tasting wine in the French countryside for awhile longer. 

But then I remember it's not a dream. 

This time it's a memory and the realization makes warmth flood through me. Pierce actually bought us a chateau in the French countryside. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived a couple of days before my birthday to see it was really more like a cottage. It's cozy, warm and completely perfect. 

Just like Pierce. 

I feel a twinge of something and groan as I start to become more fully awake. I feel it again and pop my eyes open, looking down to see Pierce between my legs, his tongue flicking at my clit in a slow, luxurious pace. Once he realizes I'm awake, he looks up at me with a warm smile. 

"Happy birthday, love." he says, before tilting his face back into my pussy. 

I inhale a sharp breath, my legs twitching as he starts to go faster. He's been testing my body for weeks, finding what makes me feel the best, to the point he can tease an orgasm out of me in only a few minutes, but this morning he seems to be taking his time. 

Savoring it. 

"That feels so good." I groan, clenching his hair in my fists as I try to ride his face to an orgasm. 

He groans and I feel his finger slip into me. He pumps it in and out a few times slowly, curving it to hit the perfect spot. The one he knows will set me off. Instead of steady, constant pressure, he teases it. Slipping in then pulling out until I'm writhing and groaning under him. 

Just when I think I'm about to go insane, his finger goes deep and his tongue works me faster to the point that I fall off the edge, crying out for him as I come hard against his face. Wave after wave of pleasure washes over me until he brings me down slowly and I'm left a limp, sated mess on the bed. He pulls away and pushes up to look down at me, chuckling when he sees my state. 

"Can everyday be my birthday?" I ask. He barks out a laugh and collapses into bed next to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his bare chest. 

"Of course. If that will make you happy." he murmurs, pressing a kiss to my temple. 

"Mmmm... You make me happy." I whisper back. His body goes still and he pulls away to look down at me. 

"Really?" he asks. I giggle at his shocked expression and nod. 

"Yes. You really do." I say, tucking myself into his chest and holding onto him tight. My eyes peek open and I look out at the cloudy morning. "I love this weather." I say. I feel Pierce smile against my head, his fingers running gently up and down my arm. 

"You want to stay in today? Relax?" he asks and I nod. 

"Sounds perfect." I say. 

"What else sounds perfect?" he asks. My heart rate kicks up a notch at his question. I had been waiting for the right time to bring this up, I guess now is as good as anything. 

"Actually..." I say, pulling away slightly to look down at him. "There is something I've been wanting to talk to you about." I admit. He instantly gets serious, pushing up in bed to give me his undivided attention. 

"And what is it you want to talk about, sweetheart." he asks. 

"Well, I was wondering what you thought about maybe... becoming foster parents?" I ask. 

His eyebrows shoot up in surprise, which I was expecting. We had never talked about it before and since my surgery there is no possibility of us having our own children. He thinks about it for a beat before he looks at me again.

"Where is this coming from?" he asks. I sigh and look away, but he grips my chin and urges me to look at him. "I'm not saying no. I just want to understand." he adds. 

"I just... When you asked me if I had considered being a mom before my surgery, I really hadn't. But being with you, seeing how amazing you are, I feel like we have so much to offer. A loving, safe home for children who are in need. It could give me purpose. I need that in my life. I love helping people. And I feel like we could make a difference in children's lives. If only for a short time." I say. He nods and looks thoughtful for a moment. 

"Would you prefer that over trying to have a biological child?" he asks. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"Well, we could look at a surrogate or something." he explains and I shake my head. 

"No. If we're going to do this, I want to foster." I say firmly and he smiles at me. 

"Then we'll do it." he says. I look at him surprised, but he just grins at me. 

"Really?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yes. Whatever it takes to make you happy. And I like the idea of kids running around the mansion. Filling it with as much love as we can." he says. 

"I didn't know I could love you anymore than I already did." I say, leaning over to kiss him firmly. He chuckles and pulls me back into his chest. 

"Well, to be fair, I could never say no to you with your boobs looking at me like that." he says, motioning towards my bare chest. I tip my head back and laugh, shaking my head as I nuzzle into his chest. 

Shortly after he gets out of bed to make breakfast and I hear pots and pans banging around the kitchen. I groan and stretch as I relax into the bed, feeling so incredibly grateful for him. Awhile later he comes into the room with a tray full of food and his phone pressed against his ear. 

"Yes. I understand. We'll be back in a few days, we can discuss things more but if you could email me that information I would appreciate it. Thank you." he says before he hangs up. 

He places the tray in my lap and kisses my head before climbing into bed next to me. 

"Who was that?" I ask, plucking a strawberry into my mouth. 

"The local foster and adoption agency." he says, putting some pancake on a fork and feeding it to me. 

"Really?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yes. The social worker thinks we would be excellent foster parents." he says with a wide smile that makes me grin. 

"Yeah?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yes. But there is one little hitch." he says and my heart deflates at words. 

"Really? What is it?" I ask. 

"Well..." he says, taking my hand and pressing a kiss to my palm "We'll need to get married."