32

-• hopefully a good crime •-

I realise it after returning to my room that I forgot my phone there. I can go back and get it, but my endurance has clocked out for the day. I'm not vigilant either. I've proved that countless of times. So the last best option I had was to sleep the rest of the night away.

I fail in that too.

I twist and turn restlessly, hoping to forget the ebony eyes that keep flashing in my head the moment I try to sleep. I do everything to get him out of my head. I count sheeps, I try to think of good memories, I read my science textbook, but as soon as I doze off, the memory of him emerging from the dark and yanking me there with him keeps popping up in my head.

In the end, I give up on sleeping and lie there motionless.

I've several questions, and there are only two people capable of answering them. The man I've questions about, and the man I can question about him to. Neither of them seem incline to reveal what's going on behind the curtains, yet everytime I accidentally stumble in there, they expect me to keep my mouth shut while making me do what they want.

My eyes dart to the syringe and glass vial on the nightstand.

Should I really go with his plans?

Why though?

I'm not getting anything, neither am I losing anything.

And I've learned my lesson with the Yuvaan and Agastya fiasco, haven't I? There I got involved without knowing the whole thing and regretted it badly, eventually losing my friend as well. What if under the pretext of helping Shourya, he's making me commit something illegal? Will I be able to live with myself if something happened to that boy? Agreed he's a creep and I would rather stay ten feet away from him than have anything to do with his progress or regress, but do I really want to be the part of something possibly worse than that? Possibly...his death?

I sit up straight with a jerk.

I stare at the syringe and vial. If I look hard enough, hopefully it'll evaporate into the thin air. Nothing of that sort happens and I'm left sleepless, anxious, exhausted and terrified of the next morning.

Maybe if I tire myself out physically, I'll be able to fall asleep?

That pumps my limbs to start pacing back and forth in the huge room. I didn't think someday I'll have to be worried of committing a crime. Well, if you don't count wall graffiti. Because that's still a wish in my bucket list I envisage to execute once in a lifetime.

I really need to get that sleep.

Abruptly, I stop and come to a conclusion.

I should seriously go and get my phone back. What if he unlocks it and checks inside? I've nothing to hide, but there are some photos I'd like to keep private. Especially the one's I took in the changing rooms of clothing stores.

It's password protected, Tara.

But what if he's a hacker? I can't put it past him. I don't know the guy enough to deduce what he's a capable of.

I leave my room without a flashlight this time. But thankfully it's not that dark. The dim lights visualises the shapes and shadows. I take the elevator to the floor above and the doors swiftly open. It's darker here and stupidly enough, I don't remember the direction of corridor I was in. Was it right? Or left?

And when I've finally prepared myself to step out in the dark, I find my phone on the floor attached to a note. I quickly jump forward and pick it up.

I figured you'd come back for this.