33

-• vengeance •-

Walking into Yuvraaj's office is like entering a minefield. You don't know what step you take will be your last. That's exactly how it feels. So imagine my surprise when I walk into his office and he rushes over to me looking worried sick.

His first words to me aren't, "What's the meaning of this?" Or "You know the consequences," but rather "Are you okay? Did he do anything? He didn't harm you right? Tell me if he touched you the wrong way and I'll make sure he never sees the light of the day."

I simply shake my head, too flabbergasted to say anything.

He releases a deep breath and backs up, raking a hand through his wildly unkempt hair. This is the first time I've seen him so disheveled, from his shirt that's half untucked to his sleeves being messily rolled up, revealing the hint of the dark lines crawling up his arms like the prominent veins.

"What are you doing, Taranya?" He finally looks at me, disappointment shining through his tone.

"Wh- What did I do?"

"What did you do?" He seethes, practically growling in rage. I step back in fear, my hands curling into fists by my side. "You willingly tampered with a patient's life, that's what you did!"

I flinch hard at his tone.

Why was I at the receiving end of his anger when it was the guy he intends to keep a secret that literally forced me to obey? I was just doing what I was told.

"He- He said it's safe. And that- and that I'm helping Shourya." I murmur weakly.

"And you believed him?" He looks at me in disbelief.

My blood runs cold at his insinuation. "Wait. What do you mean? Did he lie to me?"

Yuvraaj turns around looking exasperated. I wait impatiently as he leans against the window and inhales a few sharp breaths before facing me again. "That's not the point, Tara. You believing a random stranger is."

"He said you both know each other!" I snap back, frustrated with him painting me as the stupid one. Why else would I even listen to that monster if not for my brother having some sort of connection with him!? That's what gave me confidence to go along with this whole fucked up plan. "And don't you, Bhai? Wasn't it you who told me to keep him a secret!?"

"Just because we know each other doesn't mean we're friends! You don't know the whole situation!"

"Then what was I supposed to do!?" I scream.

"You should have said no!"

"Your logic is fucked up!" I argue breathlessly. "You're telling me not to trust him and then suggesting I should have said no to him! He was scary! He hacked into my phone, knew I was there, dragged me into some random room then proceeded to scare the shit out of me for the next two hours, tapped into my conversation with my friend, blackmailed me to not cross him, threatened me with messages, and practically forced me to go along with his plan! What was I supposed to do!?" I burst out.

"You should have called me," he still goes on.

"I did. I tried to call you." I whisper, tears rolling down my eyes so fast I can't even see him properly. "But as I said before," I grit out. "He hacked into my phone. And when I tried to call you, he turned it off, before turning it back on only to threaten me through text messages." I explain in a calm voice, completely opposite to what I was feeling from within.

Yuvraaj loses his temper so fast I don't even have a chance to react before he's turning around and punching the wall. I step back hurriedly, my hands flying to my mouth in shock.