46

Look at the coincidence, it's a special day for me and for Tara. Never thought I'd make it big enough to start receiving fan gifts but guess what, I did. Look forward to a bonus update!

-• a special day •-

I've never felt so special before.

But as I see so many people rushing about for tonight's party, the worry on their faces as if a single flaw would ruin my night, their earnest desperation to make everything perfect, my brothers calling each of their friends and colleagues personally to invite them despite sending out exclusive invitations, my best friend coming from England just so I could be happy on my birthday, it's all so overwhelming and I don't know why I want to cry so badly. I feel like I was wished upon a fallen star and my existence is something precious to all these people.

The whole palace, which let me tell you is not small by any means, is bedecked with sparkly lights, exotic flowers and expensive showpieces.

Vivaan was right.

The place that used to make me feel like a stranger once, feels like it's embracing me like a mother today. It's safe, and it's warm and most importantly, it's mine. Every inch, every corner of this house, is my family.

"Oh, Tara, do you need anything?" Vivaan asks when he spots me coming downstairs along with my best friend. He sounds like he would break down the moon in the sky if I demanded a piece of it to hang around my neck.

I smile. "No, I'm fine."

"Alright, you're going out somewhere?" His gaze drifts to our outfits.

Janet glances at me, waiting for me to answer on our behalf.

"Yeah, actually my school friends want to celebrate my birthday first. And they also want to meet Janet. I've taken Yuvraaj Bhai's permission. Agastya will drive us there and we'll be back before six." I explain to the last detail.

"Okay, go have fun." He nods with a smile and walks off when his phone begins to ring.

"C'mon," I grab Janet's hand as we resume walking.

We don't even make it to the end when Yuvaan comes out of the kitchen. "Why are you out? Do you need anything?" He walks up to us.

I hear Janet sigh and blush in embarrassment. "No, we're going to my friend's house. I already took Yuvraaj Bhai's permission."

"Oh okay," he nods.

"Short stuff, I know your height betrayed you but I've been waiting for ten minutes now." Agastya appears in the front corridor, looking absolutely vexed. His gaze falls on Yuvaan and their eyes meet. The two ignore each other as if they don't even exist for each other. "C'mon, don't waste my time." He beckons with a wave of his hand.

"Go, I'll see you tonight." Yuvaan forces a smile and walks upstairs past me.

Janet and I share a glance before we follow Agastya out of the palace. He opens the front door for me and back door for my best friend. We both settle inside. I put on the seatbelt while he jogs past the bonnet to get behind the wheels. The engine purrs to life and soon we're driving out of the palace premises.

I glance in the rear view mirror to check on Janet. She has her airpods on as she stares out at the picturesque scenery.

My eyes move to my brother. He appears focused on the road.

"Agastya,"

He hums in response.

"How long are you both going to keep this up?"