43

-• rumours •-

"He looks different, doesn't he?"

"Must be the plastic surgery."

"He had a plastic surgery!?"

"Lots of it. His face looks different, can't you tell?"

"Underaged drunk driving, a life threatening accident and still perfect as ever. Good day to be rich and royal, I guess."

"I heard they blamed it on his driver and compensated the man's family for it."

"Honestly, I'm not even surprised at this point."

"He looks aloof."

"The last time he passed me in the hallway, he didn't recognise me."

"No way! He doesn't remember anything?"

"Feels like it."

All sort of rumours spread in the school like a wildfire. I won't blame the loudmouths. I'm as curious as them, so I feed on every new piece information or misinformation shared about him among the students. If it suffixed with his name, it's latched onto by everyone.

Everything about him seems different. His looks hasn't changed much, neither has his built, but even a blind person can tell the difference between the old him and the new him. As if he has shed off the cape of immaturity from his shoulders, it neither reflects in his actions nor in the way he carries himself.

I don't even know whether the rumours about him are true or not, or if they are just as baseless as their source. But the way he has been acting around lately, there has to be some sincerity to them.

I'm neither being entitled nor do I have any interest in the guy, but considering the things I've heard him speak about me before his accident, he hasn't even glanced at me after that night of the blue moon. As if it was just a phase he is over with.

For some reason, it unsettles me. Not him losing his interest in me so quick, but the probability of it being because of the accident. Or is it one of the side effects of the injection I gave him that morning? If that's the case, then is it really true that he has lost his memory? I don't know whether to feel guilty about it, pity him, or enraged for being used like a tool by the mystery man.

Since Shourya is around most of the time of the day, pity and guilt wins.

I've never been in his shoes to know how it feels to lose your memory. But after watching countless movies and shows around the topic, I get the memo. It definitely must not be not a walk in the park.

How would you feel to wake up not knowing who you are, your name, all while being surrounded by strangers and their neverending concern for you?

It's like you exist for everyone but you.

Living is all about finding yourself. But you cannot do that as long as you've everyone but you helping you do that. It's like being lost in your childhood hometown. You know you've been here before, but you can't remember anything about it anymore. Not the faces, the streets, or the roadsigns.

I've never once felt pity for anyone before. For me, I was the most pitiful person to exist. Being raised in a poverty, with a sick mother and no father, having barely any food to eat at the end of the day, it felt like I was struck by the misery by all the Gods.

I had a prejudice no one else can have it worse than me.

But seeing him now, as he sits on the last bench like an abandoned puppy, with a face void of emotions, I feel like going out of my comfort zone just to comfort him.