1.1

Looking out of the window, Xing could hear the birds singing upon the rise of the horizon

Looking out of the window, Xing could hear the birds singing upon the rise of the horizon. As she enjoys the smell of the early morning, she sipped on a cup of tea.

Xing was currently in Nanjing visiting one of the tea stores near the Xuanwu Lake. This may seem like any other ordinary day, but Xing was expecting a particular letter today.

" Yueyue, when do you think the letter will arrive?" Xing strokes her cat's head as it yawns and nibbles her finger. The act made her smile.

Xing was currently on vacation in Nanjing during her summer break. To say that is was relaxing was an understatement, if Xing had the choice of living here permanently, she would have but life was never that giving.

Recently, she fell in love with this little tea shop situated near the Xuanwu lake. The view of the lake from here was simply mesmerizing combined with the early morning mist makes it impossible for Xing to get bored of the scenery.

As she continues to look out into the lake, an owl flew into her view. Expecting it, Yueyue hopped down from Xing's lap to let the girl stand up. Waiting until the owl have dropped off the letter and left, Xing finally picked it up.

Xing smiled at the familiar feel of the letter and the emblem of the wax seal. Gently opening the letter, she took her time to read its content before looking at the cat.

" Yueyue, looks like its not too different from last year but we should still visit Diagon Alley to pick up a few things." A thought suddenly popped into her head. " Ah... should we visit the market for the wizard folks here first?"

As Xing walks through the different vendors selling all sorts of products, Xing realizes how different it is compared to the past--as well as the haggling of prices. Even though it has been a long time, Xing find it amusing of the haggling culture here.

After haggling down the prices of a few items, Xing walked back to her accommodation turning a blind eye on the stares that she was getting. Since the start of her trip, she was already getting curious yet weird stares from those around her. Part of it due to her young age, part possibly due to her own appearance, and possibly due to the strange items that she was carrying. Of course, Xing was walking down a muggle--or as they called them here, non-wizard's streets carrying magical items. Surely, it would piqued the interest of many eyes. Besides, the wizard population here is scarce compared to Britain, not many will recognize her being a witch.

Upon arriving at her accommodation, Xing started packing her belongings into their respected luggages.

Xing sighed, the trip here has been very welcomed but it is now time to return to busy Britain. Taking out her wand, Xing casted a spell to quickly clean up her room so it can be used during her next break.

" Xiaoyu." Xing called out. After a moment, a loud pop echoed through the space before a house elf appeared in front of her.

" Mistress have called Xiaoyu." The house elf bashfully answered.

Xing smiled, " It is time for my departure, you have done a great job in taking care of this mansion. I thank you for you efforts."

Hearing her gratitude, Xiaoyu shakes her head in denial. " Xiaoyu does not dare to accept Mistress's thanks."

Expecting her to response in a similar fashion, Xing brought out a little bracelet. " You may deny it but I hope this gift shows my sincere gratitudes."

Too shocked to react, Xiaoyu only stood there and let Xing put the bracelet on her hand.

" Do not be too shock, I expect you to continue to take care of this place until my next visit here."

" Yes, Xiaoyu will do her best."

" Good, now shall we go downstairs?"

" Reducio" Xing chanted as all her luggages shrunk down so she could easily carry it down the stairs.

Stepping out of the mansion, Xing took a step back to admire the place. " Xiaoyu awaits Mistress next visit."

Xing smile, and took out her hairpin. Setting the luggages in her bag, Xing picks up Yueyue. " Here we go again."

" Never gets better." Xing groans out as she shakily land on the ground, clutching Yueyue tightly.

" Ah, I apologize." She immediately released her out of her hold. " At least we are back at the main estate."

" Mistress Xing has returned!" A voice shouted out which was soon followed by other greetings.

" I am back. You all have taken care of the estate well." Xing commented to the house elves as she handed her luggage to the closest one. " Nispy, has anyone sent me any letters these past few months?"

Nispy, the oldest house elf stepped up when Xing called out for her. " Only a few Mistress Xing, Nispy have placed them in your study."

" Thank you, now let us enter."
***
" Looks like the young Malfoy have been looking for me." Xing commented as she look at the pile of letters with the Malfoy insignia.

Xing shakes her head smiling before picking up the latest one.

Dear Forest,

We shall meet up at Diagon Alley on the thirty-first. I will not be taking no as an answer.

Sincerely,
Draco Malfoy

Xing chuckled at Draco's blatant invitation. It seems the young Malfoy is really pissed off. Looks like she has that entire day booked off.

The smile soon came to an end as she looked at the calendar in front of her, " The thirty-first... Is that not Harry Potter's eleventh birthday?"