1.7

Like any other day, Xing and Aella accompanied each other to the dining hall, choosing to sit with each other today

Like any other day, Xing and Aella accompanied each other to the dining hall, choosing to sit with each other today. As they waited for Dion to arrive, each took their choice of food from the selection presented in front of them.

"Are you finish with potion homework, Aella?"

Aella sleepily nodded as she chewed on her food. Worried written on Xing's face, she patted Aella on the shoulder for comfort. "Finish your food, lean on me to rest for a bit. You worked hard yesterday."

"You're the best, Xing."

"Good morn--or good night? She's sleeping already." Dion strides in, stopping as he notice the sleeping Aella.

"Shhh...she stayed up last night for her potions homework." He nodded, sitting down cautiously to not disturb her.

"Must have been a tough night." Dion yawns out.

Xing raised her eyebrows, "You stayed up too?"

"Of course. Why? You didn't?"

"I finished it after dinner."

"Lucky you. I can barely feel my hands this morning."

Xing took a glass and pour him some tea, "Warm it up then. Drink some tea, it'll help wake you up."

He chuckle at her gesture, "Going at it again, Forest? Taking care of us since first year."

Xing stay silent for a while before letting out a shrug, "...I wanted siblings."

As they enjoy the comforting silence of the early morning, it soon ended as the rest came piling in. Aella groaned as the noises of the Great Hall interrupted her rest. Tiredly, she sit up from leaning against Xing before holding on to a warm cup of tea.

"Thank you," she mumbled out.

"Seems like you're always sleeping, Atherton."

"Oh shut, Auclair. Look at the eye bags under your eyes!"

As the two continuing to exchange snarky comments, Xing notice the slight rumble of the dining hall and the quiet sound of flapping wings. Looking up to the windows, a flock of owls came flying into the Great Hall.

"It's the post."

The trio look at up as countless owls fly into the hall, dropping off packages for students, some stopping by at the tables to swoop up food as a payment for their service. Two owls, a snowy and eagle owl headed towards them before landing next to Aella and Dion.

"Good morning, Morana," Aella cooed as she pet the snowy owl's fur. "Mother sent something for me?"

On the other hand, Dion patted his owl, Vulcan before opening the letter the owl had brought. "Reckon you'll get anything this year?"

"Not sure...be careful, Dion!"

Abruptly, an owl wearing a purple cape swooped down dropping a long package that barely missed Dion had he not manage to dodge in time. "Bloody hell, Forest. Who sent you this?" He yelled out, looking at the package laying on the floor.