1.13

"I might as well ask for a night pass considering how much I've been traveling through the nights," Xing mumbled tiredly

"I might as well ask for a night pass considering how much I've been traveling through the nights," Xing mumbled tiredly. "Soon enough, people will spread rumors how there's a new ghost inhabiting the Slytherin Dungeons."

It was currently the hours after dinner, close enough to the curfew for people walking around the halls to be deemed suspicious. Xing knew that the possibility for her getting caught every time she roam around the halls was considerably high, which was why she denied Aella and Dion's insistence of joining her, reminding them of their unfinished homework that was due tomorrow morning, first period to be exact.

"Ok, but next time, you have to take us with you!"

Aella nodded in agreement. Truthfully, this might be one of the few moments where they agreed on the same thing. "Yeah! After today, you must tell us what happen." To which she dutifully agreed.

With a massive snake roaming around the school, Xing was not about to put the two in danger. Besides, with events happening so close to each other, Xing fear that they might be connected to each other.

Unicorn blood, trolls, and the snake. Snake...what type of snake is it?

Before she could think further, Xing stop herself, realizing that she is currently not in the safety of her dorm.

There is no way she is going to be tangle up with any damn snake.

Now, she must focus on the matters at hand: meeting with Professor Snape.

The reason for such an abrupt meeting? Only he would ever know. With that thought in mind, Xing continues her way through the halls. Just for this occasion, Xing have specifically chosen a pin that was basic in both design and its condiments, to minimize the sound she makes around the school. Hopefully, to also prevent Peeves from finding--

"Hello, Xing dear," a voice echoed behind her.

Speaking of the devil.

Xing sighed, turning around in a treacherously slow pace, "Hello, Peeves."

The ghost floated towards her, the entire way holding a cheeky smile. Plastering itself on Xing, it attempted to pull information out of her. "What is Xing dear doing at night? Remember, you are still a student, even if you don't think so."

"Is this a warning?"

The ghost only shrug at the question.

"Then what do you need me from me?"

"Ouch! Is that how you think of me, so shallow? I saw you and wanted to say, STUD--"

Xing smirked, expecting what Peeves was about to say. Before he could utter anymore, Xing quickly cast a silencing spell on him. How it works on ghosts, only she would know.

Caught by surprise, Peeves tried to project sound, even dramatizing everything by coughing and screaming out loud all for it to be in vain.

Xing smiled, patting its head before turning back, "Goodnight Peeves."