1.3

Waking up the next morning, Xing was quick to change into a casual outfit

Waking up the next morning, Xing was quick to change into a casual outfit. Dressed in black flared pants paired with a tucked white dress shirt, Xing looked at herself in the mirror. She then proceeded in reaching over to the vanity, choosing a hairpin before styling her hair into a bun.

The contrast of the ruby of the hairpin with her jet black hair made her smile, satisfied. Despite being a third year, she was tall for her age, even rivalling some of the older years.

Xing then walked out of her room and down the stairs to the front doors. Seeing as her luggages has already been transferred down by the house elves, she bid all of those who were present and apparated to a hidden alley near the train station.

Making sure she still have the ticket to station nine-and-three-quarters, Xing then made her way through the crowd of people.

Xing had arrived earlier than usual to uphold a promise that she had no chance of refusing. Yesterday, before they parted, Draco's father, mentioned about how they hoped that she will look over Draco during his time in Hogwarts. Of course, getting a chance to tease the young Malfoy constantly, Xing was considering it. However, before she can say anything, they have arranged a time to meet before boarding the train.

Sighing, Xing finally pushed her way through the crowd of muggles. She take a breath before pushing the cart full of her stuff to the brick wall in front of her.

Passing through the wall, she was greeted with a familiar sight of the red train. Looking around, she notices several pairs of eyes jittering around. Must be muggles, first time experiencing magic.

Walking around the station, she bumped into her friends and classmates. What originally was short greetings turned into long conversation, Xing was reminded of the time by Draco's voice pointed towards her. "Forest."

Xing flinched at the mentioned of her last name, rubbing her neck before excusing herself form the conversation to face Draco who was stomping towards her. Behind him, walked Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

" You're here already, Draco. Quite early."

Draco fumed at her response, " This is early? You are fifteen minutes late!"

Xing let out an awkward chuckle, changing her line of sight. " Right, right, apologies... Mister and Misses Malfoy, pleasure."

Lucius let out a small smile, while Narcissa was easier to read her expression. " Xing, dear, how are you?"

Xing smiles in return before embracing Narcissa in a hug, " I'm fine, thank you for asking. Hoping  you're feeling the same."

Narcissi smiles and nodded, " Of course."

Xing then turned over to shake Lucius's hand. " Ready to get sorted, Draco?"

Draco nodded, looking as prideful as ever, " Of course, I'm sure I'll be sorted into Slytherin."