1.15

"So let me get this straight, you believe that Professor Snape is the person who allegedly wanted to attack Harry?"

"No, he definitely did it."

"And how would you know that? Any proof?"

"He hates Harry!"

"I'm sure he has a dislike towards all Gryffindors."

"Yeah but especially towards Harry!"

Xing looks up disinterestedly from her breakfast. "And that explains the reason for him to attack Harry? What benefit does he gain from that?"

Ron and Harry side-eyed each other, having a silent conversation between themselves.

"We believe that Snape was injured because he went to look for Fluffy, which made sense since he was limping during the Quidditch match"

"And? What does that have to do with Harry?"

"..."

"Look, just because he's a gryffindor, that is not the reason for him to outrightly hate Harry like that." Xing concluded.

"Sounds like you're protecting him?" Ron muttered.

This only makes Xing raise her eyebrows. "Oh young lads, I'm a Slytherin for Merlin's sake. What do you think your lack of persuasion skills can tempt me?"

This made them speechless.

"If you want me to join this expedition of yours, give me proof will you?" Xing hinted, "...so this was why you are so secretive these days." She suddenly stood up.

"Now I think the dining hall is no longer appropriate for this topic. Follow me, shall we?" With that she stood up and began to walk away. "Oh, clean up the chess and bring it with you, will you?"

With that, Harry and Ron scramble to clean up and ran outside of the dining hall to catch up to Xing.

Walking through the halls lit by thousands of candles, the trio now walk in complete silence. "So where are we going?"

Xing stopped, looking down at the hand pulling her sweater. "The library of course, isn't that the place where you wanted to lead me?"

The duo once again, were brought into complete silence as they glamoured the figure walking in front of them. "You seem to know a lot?"

"Of course, I am a few years above you after all." Xing answered with a simple dismissal, which the boys quickly caught on.

"No, wh–" Ron intercepted but the words came to a stop when they arrived at the library.

"Ah, I love the smell this place has. Wouldn't this be a good scent for a candle?"

Once they have settled, Xing looks up at the two first years sitting opposite of her. "Now, where were we... ah, tell me the reason for you telling me all of this?"

"Mhmmm, as we've said, we're suspecting Snape of trying to steal..." Harry came to a pause as Ron touched his shoulders, motioning him to look around.

The table that they have chosen to look at is secluded from the rest of the world, but with this secret that they were about to spill, Xing had a feeling, it was far from being a safe place. Once again, the trio fell into complete silence as the boys were conducting a conversation between themselves.

This made Xing roll her eyes. "Finish your little prep talk and I'll be right back." Xing suddenly said, standing up and walking away. The duo froze, eyes darting back between themselves and the figure faraway. "Xing where are you going?" But she was out of reach to be able to hear his whispers.