1.5

The moment Xing walks into the dining hall of Hogwarts, the chatters came to a stop as Xing walked towards the Slytherin table, boots echoing with each step

The moment Xing walks into the dining hall of Hogwarts, the chatters came to a stop as Xing walked towards the Slytherin table, boots echoing with each step. What seemed to be normal to her, set other people to be curious. As she nonchalantly sat down and greeted her Slytherin friends, she glanced up at the high table which all the teachers were situated, ready for the arrival of the new first years.

Xing quickly scan through the high table to spot any new professors but soon went back to talking to her table mates. Soon, the dining hall was filled with chatter and laughter after the entrance of Xing.

After all remaining students have settled down, the wooden door finally opened as the first years flooded in led by Professor McGonagall. Multiple gasps of awe were then heard from the first year as they look around the Great Hall.

Standing in front of the high table, a rough-looking hat was then pulled out and set on a high chair in front of them. Professor McGonagall then open the scroll and began calling each first year's name.

Xing recognizes some of the last names of wizarding family but was not too intrigued by anyone until Draco was called up. Now becoming interested, Xing leaned a bit towards the table to get better access at the sorting ceremony. The sorting hat now sat on top of Draco's head but not long after, it shouted out a definite "Slytherin!"

Claps were heard from the Slytherin table as the heir of the Malfoy family have joined their house. Looking up, Xing felt the potion professor staring at her. She slightly nodded towards him which he somewhat returned. Not long after, she then refocus on the sorting ceremony, ignoring the stares of the person next to him, Professor Quirrel.

Upon hearing Harry Potter uttered out from Professor McGonagall, the entire hall went silent before bursting with discussion. Harry, who was standing amidst the crowd slightly tense up as he made his away towards the chair. When the hat was placed on top of his head, he winces at the amount of dust there was.

He glanced up at the hat as it mumbled to itself. Harry then look towards the crowd of people eagerly staring at him. He subconsciously gulped in anxiousness, searching for familiar faces. Finally he came to settled on Xing's dark black eyes which stare back at his. Somehow =, it proved him comfort as he anxiously await the sorting hat's decision. " Gryffindor!"

The entire Gryffindor table cheered as the chosen one was sorted into their house. In the background, Xing could hear one of the Weasleys screaming to their friend about Harry being sorted into Gryffindor.

" Of course Harry Potter will be sorted into Gryffindor," the girl next to her spoked out, rolling her eyes.

The rest of her table mates nodded in agreement, not caring about the chosen one. After all names have been called, Professor Dumbledore stop up to announce the start of the banquet.

Xing tiredly look at the feast in front of her. It's always the same type of food. She truly missed the spice of Sichuan peppers. Xing took a bit of everything to make her plate more diverse and more appealing.