1.12

Standing in the middle of the quidditch pitch, Xing takes a few deep breathes, trying to envision her formation for today

Standing in the middle of the quidditch pitch, Xing takes a few deep breathes, trying to envision her formation for today. Now with tryouts out of the way, she could finally focus on her skills.

Xing pulled out her wand from its place in her belt, and incanted some charm spells to the stones that she had pick out, turning them into obstacles before using a levitation spell for them to float.

Looking up at the newly created obstacle, Xing let out a final breathe, summoning her broom and mounting it. Feeling the slightly chipped but still smooth handle made out of wood, Xing calmly floats up into the air. With long-term use, the hands would soon become rough, possibly giving her splinters but for the time being, Xing savored the smoothness of it.

Scanning through the obstacle, there were several brick walls moving about, with balls representing blushers zooming around.

Xing mentally sighed, If I don't make it, this is going to be a fun trip to the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey won't be forgiving this time.

As if accepting her fate, Xing focus her attention on the first obstacle, a wall that was swinging side to side. Waiting for the right moment, she bend down, chest hovering over the broom. As soon as the wall slide to the farthest left, Xing relax letting herself zoom across the pitch.

Approaching the wall, Xing easily pass through it, ducking down just in time to dodge a stone flying by. Before she can get back on track, Xing dodged another stone coming for her head. Dropping the broom towards the ground, hovering on top of the pitch, Xing continues, flying around the walls. Once she was a third of the way through, the pace suddenly increase, and a new obstacle was added.

Looking up, lights coming from all direction suddenly appear, focusing on Xing's every movement. Once they have found their target, those lights cut through the air, chasing Xing's tails as she continue on with the course.

While trying to dodge one of the lights, Xing took a sharp left, causing the light to slam into one of the walls. Not able to withhold the impact, the wall shattered and explode into pieces very soon after.

Turning back, Xing was momentarily shocked at the sight. Taking down a gulp, she continued on without a word but how can words describe how she is feeling right now.

With countless light beams coming her way, Xing was quickly approaching a wall going vertically. Now knowing the effect of the light, Xing took a risk, tightening her grip on the broom. Pulling it up to her chest, she drives the broom perpendicular to the floor, feeling the impact of gravity on her body. Xing grimaced at the force, fingers turning white at the pressure she was holding.

Seconds after she flew up, the light beams made contact with the wall. Before she knows it, Xing was flying on top of a red explosion, feeling as though she is trying to escape the sun. Once the air thinned, she let herself free fall, turning the broom to a slight right, dodging the stones in the way. With the lights now managed, her body is more relaxed.