1.11

Knock

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Waiting for any movements from behind the door, the looming shadow stood there patiently.

"Come in."

Taking that as her signal, Xing opens the door, entering the room.

The room was decorated with a weird collected theme throughout with shelfs upon shelfs filled with dried up skeletons and herbs. Due to being underground, the place lacks obvious fresh air, trapping in additional humidity. Dimply lit with candles, Xing could see a dark shadow trapped in the front.

"Severus."

Professor Snape, now no longer focused on his brew, look towards the newcomer. With his signature frown, slightly hunched brows, he simply asked, "What do I have the pleasure to have Ms. Forest coming here?"

Xing ignored his snarky tone, before settling down in the seat in front of him. "Just wanted a talk with an old friend."

Severus Snape did not say anything, changing his focused on to his brew.

"What happened to your leg?"

Again, no answer were heard.

As a result, Xing casually stood up, walked around the table before standing in front of him. Despite being a third year, Xing was already standing to his chest. Pushing him down on to the chair, Xing kneeled down, grabbing on to his ankle.

"Ms. Forest! What is this atrocious manner?"

"Hush, Severus, you clearly are hurt?"

Despite saying this, Snape did not move away from her touch and let her examine his ankle. "Ms. Forest, this is highly inappropria--"

"Even so, you still have yet force me to return to the dorms despite it being past curfew."

Gently taking off his shoes, then socks, Xing could see a bloody ragged wrapped around Severus's ankle with minimal effort. "Did you do this yourself?"

Unwrapping the rag, Xing supported his leg to share some of the carried weight, until she can see the large bite mark. "You met Fluffy?"

Before she went on a rant with Harry's group, they have told her about a hidden beast within the school's corridor. While still suspicious, she put that piece of information in the back of her mind until now.

"Severus, you know that you can not do this on your own."

"None of your business, Forest. Now hurry up."

Xing stood back up, rummaging through her pockets to settle on her medical kit, taking out a new roll of bandage, she kneeled down once again. "I did not remember you being this risk-taking in the past."

"It's the past now, Forest."

Chanting a few spells, Xing finished her treatment bandaging up with wound. "Of course, but you have to know, your past still remains in you whether it be good or bad."