| two

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter two:serenity, resident older sister

chapter two:
serenity, resident older sister

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY DIDN'T REALLY know what she was expecting to see on the other side of her front door, but it definitely was not Max and Eleven (im)patiently waiting on her front porch.

She had woken up a little late that morning, having no reason to wake up early at all. As per usual, she had the house to herself, so she had blasted music on her radio while she got dressed for the day. She had just finished brushing her hair when the doorbell rang, so she put down her brush and bounded down the steps. Sure enough, when she opened her door, there the two girls were.

See, Eleven had been . . . secluded. She was still considered a threat to the government, so in order to keep her safe, she had to stay at Hopper's cabin most of the day and had a curfew at night. The only people who she was really allowed to see were Hopper — obviously — and Mike. Serenity didn't particularly agree with that. One, the girl needed to learn about the outside world, and two, Serenity missed her.

It was also strange seeing Max with Eleven. Eleven had completely brushed off Max's introduction back at the Byers' that night, seemingly not liking the girl despite them have never meeting before. Yet here they were.

"Hey," Serenity greeted, a little confused. "What's, uh — what's up?"

Max didn't answer. She just took Eleven's arm and dragged her into Serenity's house, brushing the two of them past Serenity into the living room.

"Okay, come in," Serenity said, laughing a little to herself as she shut the door behind her. She crossed her arms across her chest as she walked into the living room. "What's so urgent?"

"Serenity, has Steve ever lied to you?" Max instantly asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "Um, I'm sure at least a couple of times throughout our life."

Max sighed. "I meant since you've been in a relationship."

Serenity shrugged. "Steve knows better than to lie to me. Both of us are really big on communication — we have been since the whole Upside Down thing started. We don't really hide things from each other. There's really no point."

Max's head whipped over to Eleven, and she threw her arms up in the air in exasperation. "See? Renny's boyfriend doesn't hide things from her!"