| six

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter six:don't fuck with the babysitter:mind flayer edition

chapter six:
don't fuck with the babysitter:
mind flayer edition

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SO, SERENITY HAD completely ignored the boys only thing and had rallied the troops — aka Max and Eleven — to come with her to help with their plan.

The plan was simple. They would wait until the pool closed, and when Billy would come back into the locker room to take a shower, that's when they would strike. A CPR dummy with a Walkie would be placed in the sauna, and when Billy got in, they would shut the door and lock him inside. The Mind Flayer liked it cold, so they took inspiration of how it was gotten out of Will — heat. If Billy was truly a host, this would help them find out.

(They were using a dummy, mostly because Serenity outright refused Mike's suggestion of her luring Billy in. He would also be pretty confused as to why there was a girl in the boys' locker room so late.)

As they set up everything, Serenity could tell something was going on with the boys, but she didn't know exactly what. Things seemed tense between them, but Serenity didn't push, even though she wanted to find out what was wrong.

They all waited until nightfall to begin, which they had to, because that's when the pool closed. So when the sky turned black and stars started to dot across it, they moved in.

The shower turned on, and the sound of water hitting the floor was the loudest thing in the entire locker room. Serenity let out a deep breath and left the sauna room, ducking into the dark shadows. She walked as quickly and quietly as possible to the front door of the locker room, careful not to be seen. Serenity glanced behind her back for a moment before completely opening the door, it squeaking and creaking as she did so — good, because they needed to get Billy's attention.

"Pool's closed," Billy's voice stated.

Serenity put a lock on the outside and shut the door — more creaking and squeaking.

"Hey." A locker door slammed shut. "Do you hear me?"

Footsteps. Serenity ducked away from the door and went into a very, very secluded corner of the locker room, one that was extremely dark and nobody would be able to see anything if they looked. She barely breathed as she watched Billy's shirtless figure walk past her angrily, her chest feeling a little tight.