| four

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter four:shady business

chapter four:
shady business

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

NO MATTER HOW much Serenity tried to console her, Eleven was left pretty shaken up and scared from what she had seen with Billy. So, the girls made a plan to go check up on Billy to make sure he was okay — which was a sentence Serenity never thought she would say, and it kind of made her want to throw up a little.

Serenity got dressed for the day along with Eleven and Max before they left Hopper's cabin in the woods. It wasn't exactly the nicest day outside as Serenity drove down the street. The sky was covered in dark gray clouds, signaling the beginning of another summer rainstorm. However, Serenity had a feeling that it might not be just a rainstorm. It seemed like a bad omen — to her, at least.

She parked her car down the street from Max's house and the three got out, walking down the street. Serenity locked her car behind her and positioned herself in between Eleven and Max. She put her hands into the pockets of her jean shorts, squinting up at the sky as thunder rumbled across it.

"It's gonna start pouring soon," Max announced. "We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something."

Eleven looked across Serenity to Max. "You don't believe me?"

"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally, but you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just . . . sensed you somehow."

"But the screams."

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing," Max continued. "When Billy is alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises."

Serenity shuddered — she didn't expect anything less, but it was still Billy, which was gross. "I didn't need to hear that today."

"They scream?" Eleven questioned.

"Yeah, but, like . . . happy screams," Max answered.

"Happy screams? What is happy screams?"

"Sweetheart, don't worry about it," Serenity cut in, really wanting this conversation to be over. "I'll tell you when you're older."

Eleven blinked at her. "I am older."

"Just drop it, okay? Right now, we might have bigger problems than discussing this."