| twelve

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter twelve:renny goes full mom mode

chapter twelve:
renny goes full mom mode

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

NANCY DROVE FARTHER and farther away from the store, putting as much distance between them and the very hurt Mind Flayer as possible. Serenity hadn't released her grip on Steve's bat at all — for some reason, it brought her comfort. Maybe it was because it was his, or because she actually knew how to use it now. Whatever it was, it stayed in her grip.

A whimper of pain was suddenly heard from the very back. Serenity turned, only to see that Eleven was still slumped against Mike and Max, her eyes screwed shut and her face wet with tears and sweat. She then looked down to Eleven's leg, which was still bleeding through her pants.

Serenity hadn't dealt much with injuries from something from a parallel dimension. When she had gotten scratched by those Demo-Dogs, which she still had the scars to prove, Nancy had cleaned the wound for her. However, Serenity had cleaned plenty of wounds from the boys over the years. She knew what to do.

"Hey, Nance, can you stop at the store?" Serenity asked once they drove a little further into Hawkins. "We have to clean Eleven's leg."

Nancy looked at her through the rearview mirror and nodded. She continued to drive until she spotted Bradley's, a convenience store near downtown Hawkins. Deeming this as urgent, Nancy didn't park the car nicely at all. She didn't put on the brakes and spun the car around right in front of the convenience store. Serenity got dizzy for a second as the car screeched to a stop.

All of them got out of the car. Serenity rested the bat against her shoulder as she stared ahead. Obviously the doors would be locked — it was late, and not to mention it was a holiday. Of course the store would be closed. And thank goodness she had something to open the door.

"Stand back," Serenity ordered.

Everyone did as they were told. Serenity lifted the bat up off of her shoulder and wound it back. She hit it straight against the door. Instantly, upon impact from the wood and the nails, the glass door to the store shattered, falling to a million pieces on the floor.

Serenity twirled the bat around in her hand — which was still so cool. "You know, breaking and entering wasn't really on my summer list, but then again, neither was fighting a monster from a parallel dimension."

She led the way into the store, walking through the now broken door. They all followed her inside, where she brought them to the aisle with medical supplies — it was where most likely everything she needed was. Serenity glanced back for a moment to Eleven, Mike, and Max. She put down the bat and leaned it against the shelves.