| thirteen

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter thirteen:nothing safer than his arms

chapter thirteen:
nothing safer than his arms

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

THE DRIVE TO the mall felt excruciatingly long. Serenity stared out the window at the sky that was dotted with stars, her knee bouncing up and down anxiously. The car was silent, which was slightly tense, due to the situation that they had to face. But finally, after a couple of minutes of Nancy driving and parking right in front of the entrance, they made it to the Starcourt Mall.

They snuck into the mall, which was just another thing Serenity didn't think she would do in her lifetime. Well, then again, she didn't think that she would be doing any of this in her lifetime.

Eleven stepped forwards first, and Serenity followed after her, gripping the spiked bat a little tighter. Over the edge of the second floor they were standing on, she could see four people down below in security uniforms with guns, presumably guards. Serenity could vaguely hear them talk in a different language, one that she couldn't quite decipher. She noticed that all of them had started to gather around one of the food places in the food court, and she also saw figures hiding underneath a countertop.

Serenity's breath quietly hitched in her throat. Oh God.

The main guard signaled the others to follow. Together, the four of them started to slowly approach the store. That's when Eleven held out her hand, and with her powers, she caused the car alarm of one of the cars on display down below to go off. At once, the guards whipped towards the car, which was moving slightly and flashing its headlights, thanks to Eleven controlling it. The guards' eyes then slid up to the balcony where all of them were, their faces settling in realization when they saw Eleven.

Eleven then thrust her hand out forwards. Serenity slightly jumped as the car flew up and barreled straight towards the guards. It hit all four of them in one clean sweep, and they crumpled to the ground. The car continued to fly, knocking over tables and chairs in its wake, until it finally crashed into another food place and started to rock from the impact.

Serenity crept closer, peering over the edge to the food court down below. At the food place where the guards had started to gather stood four people — Erica Sinclair, Robin Buckley, Dustin Henderson, and . . .

Her heart immediately caught in her throat and she swore she could've tied. Steve Harrington.

Finally, after days, after panics, after near death experiences, he was finally in front of her again. It suddenly felt like the world stopped turning and everything just went in complete slow motion. Even though there was a lot of distance between them, Serenity and Steve's eyes immediately found each other's. He was wearing that stupid sailor outfit of his, and under the neon lights she saw that he looked very beat up, but none of that mattered right now, because he was alive.