That's A Lot of People - Emily Sonnet

It was the 2019 World Cup Final, USA vs Netherlands, Emily eventually got subbed in for Abby Dahlkemper who got an injury 5 minutes into the second half. Emily ran on to the pitch. "WOOO! Let's go! Kick their asses, Emily!" You shouted to your girlfriend even though you highly doubt she could hear you.

Then literally minutes later Becky goes down with blood trickling down her face and gets moved to the side-lines to get treatment, so they were now playing 1 player down with it being tied 0 - 0.

Play continued and Alex got a great opportunity to finally put the USA in the lead but that didn't happen due to a high boot from a Netherlands player which made Alex drop to the floor in the penalty area, so it went to VAR.

They get their answer quickly. Penalty in favour of the USA. Megan stepped up to the penalty spot and slotted the ball past the goalkeeper into the bottom right corner.

"Yes! Let's fucking go! That's how you do it Pinoe!" You cheer at the top of your lungs and clap. Unfortunately, you didn't get a call up to the USWNT due to an ACL injury but you sure as hell weren't going to miss watching your girlfriend win the world cup.

Not even ten minutes later Rose scores a goal assisted by Sam which makes the score 2 - 0. After that Christen got subbed in for Megan and Carli got subbed in for Tobin. Play finally stops at 95 minutes.

The entire USWNT race towards each other and hug one another. But one certain blonde-haired defender runs straight towards the family and friends' box which is where you were sat.

Emily comes over to where you are sat and motions for you to come over to her. She reaches over the barrier and gives you the biggest hug ever. "We did it." She cries into your neck in overwhelming happiness and then she gets called over to get a picture with the World Cup Trophy. "I'll be back in a minute." Emily runs over to the rest of the team who tease her about you.

About 10 minutes later Emily comes back over to you, climbs to the barrier and looks at you. "If I ask you to kiss me in front of all these people, will you do it?" You look at her lovingly and cup her face with one of your hands. "Of course, I will."

Both of you lean in and share a passionate meaningful kiss for a moment, it was like it was only the two of you there.