𑁍Irritating𑁍 Yumeko

2198 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Irritating. If Yumeko Jabami had to define you in one word, she would use that one. Irritating. Even for her subtly balanced temperament, she recognized that you had the gift like no one else to burn her patience. In an instant. And that was purely irritating.

If someone asked, Yumeko would find a thousand and one reasons to explain why she didn't like you. She would do a hundred-page dissertation if asked, would take arguments from hell to justify her dislike.

She couldn't stand how you always saw the good side of things when everything was falling apart, nor how your good mood was almost insurmountable, let alone how you always seemed so emotionless and unfazed even when your fortune was on the line. Yumeko hated how your smile seemed to contain the brightness of the stars, how your body seemed to radiate the warmth of the Tunisian sun, and how you looked like a goddamn princess. It was unbearable because fairy tales did not exist and Yumeko spent her entire life trying to exorcise any dreams within herself with that enchanted touch, kill the hope that's exists a fairy tales. It was years of learning to see everything coolly and objectively, until you came and rubbed in her face that she was utterly wrong. What princesses and maidens as beautiful as fairy tales existed,and that you promised to contain all the happiness of "Happily ever after."

Yumeko Jabami hated that. She was deeply irritated when, whenever you looked at her, she had the feeling that her legs were going to fail. She knew she obsessed with the art of risk and losing the control of her own body and own emotions over someone like you was a deep and cutting blow.

Why did you have to be like that? Why did you have to be so beautiful that it hurt? Why did you have to throw in the latrine her sentences that passion and romance did not exist.

She said to her friends, and to anyone who wanted to hear, that she didn't like you at all. She didn't like anything that referred to you. But the truth was that... Well, she didn't know what the truth was. Yumeko did not know everything, however much she tried to give the opposite impression. But she had avoided you as the devil avoided the cross. She claimed she didn't like you, but maybe that wasn't it. Maybe she just didn't like herself when she was with you.

She didn't like how her heart beat so fast she seemed to be developing cardiac arrhythmia, she didn't like how her hands sweated whenever you smiled, and she definitely didn't like how her body was taken by an uneasy restlessness every time you were beside her. It was like you were a powerful drug, and just looking at you already had side effects on Yumeko.

"Why do you hate me so much?" You asked one day, the arms leaning against her locker and looked at Yumeko.

Ryota, Mary and Itsuki had left and there were only two of you in the locker rooms, and that seemed to be the perfect time to talk about the elephant in the room. You did not know why Yumeko hated you so much, you always tried to be kind and nice. And sometimes this was a goddamn challenge because Yumeko was not the most enjoyable person in the world whenever it came to gambling. But you tried to make a friendships with her, you tried to get closer. Just to be pushed even further away.

So if the woman was going to hate you, she should at least tell you the reason.

Yumeko raised her eyebrows as she turned to look at you, a little surprised and perplexed for your initiative, a little disbelieving with what was happening, and... angry for your action.

She looked away, then locked her locker and walked away.

"You annoy me." And it was just what she said before turning the corner and disappearing.