𑁍I'll never ever let you go𑁍 Mary

832 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You shifted your legs uncomfortably as you looked at the formal letter in your hands. You read it carefully as the rain poured outside, watching as the storm lit up the pitch-black night with a flash of lightning. You let out a troubled sigh as you placed it on the counter and laid down on the only couch you had in this tiny apartment.

You knew you would get the acceptance letter eventually, whether you liked it or not. You were an excellent student with an almost perfect academic record. It was obvious you would Move schools and be accepted to go to one of the finest schools in the world.

You couldn't help but feel a strange sense of sadness about it, however. Moving schools meant that you would have to leave all of Hyakkaou private academy behind... especially Mary Saotome.

A sudden pang of sadness hit you when you thought about Mary. You both really liked each a lot and had even started dating. Although she could get a bit clingy at times, you still loved her to death. She was the one person you were going to miss the most when you left.

Your phone vibrated loudly in your pocket, bringing you back to reality. Startled, you unlocked your screen and noticed that it was a message from Mary.

"We're going out next week... will you be able to come?" It read. You assumed he was talking about your friends Yumeko, Ryota and Itsuki since they just recently won a gamble and were planning on celebrating it somehow.

Anxiety began to bubble within you, remembering that you were supposed to go abroad in one week exactly. You hesitated, not sure if this would be the right time to tell him you were leaving.

Another text popped up on your screen, which read "Hey? Are you asleep?". You gulped, deciding to finally reply back.

"No, I'm not."

The phone lit up quickly as soon after sending that message.

"Oh aright. So are you able to go?"

You let out a sigh, typing a slow response.

"No, I won't be able to go. I... won't be able to even see you guys anymore."

You bit your lip anxiously as you waited for a reply. Hoping she'd say something in the next few minutes, you went into to take care of some errands you meant to finish around the apartment. After thirty minutes passed by and still no reply, you began to fell uneasy. You texted her once more, hoping she'd finally respond.

"Mary?"

Still no reply.

You were about to call her when, suddenly, you heard a bang emit from outside your door. Initially assuming that it was just thunder, you continued to try calling her until the door produced another bang much louder then before. You opened the door, shocked to see who was standing outside.

"Mary...?" You muttered, bewildered at both the fact that she was here and somehow knew your address even though you never told her. She kept silent, her eyes dark and her whole body soaked from the rain.

Instinctively, you brought her inside and sat her on your couch as you ran to get a towel. As you came back, you noticed that she still had a dark expression looming over her face.

"Mary, why are you here? You could have just called me if you wanted to talk." You said as you sat next to her and put the towel over her head as you tried drying her off.

She paused, taking a moment to respond. "That text... I couldn't just talk about it over the phone."

"Huh? Oh, you mean what I said about not seeing you guys..." You said, placing the towel on her shoulders. You really didn't want it to have to come to this, but you guessed you had no choice over the matter now...

"What... did you mean by that?" She said, glancing at you. Although she seemed to still have that casual, bored expression on her face, there was something different about it that really put you.

"Oh, well... I-I..." You felt like you were about to cry any second if you continued. You really, really didn't want to have to tell her. "I'm...going... t-to move schools-"

"What?" She hissed lightly with a stern expression on her face. You felt her grab your wrist, gripping it tightly.

"M-Mary, that hurts... please stop..." You tried to pull back, scared of the expression that Mary had on her face. You didn't know she would take it this badly.

"Are you seriously trying to leave me?" She growled, leaning in closer.

"No, I'm not! I-"

She quickly grabbed your arms, preventing you from getting up and escaping. You winced as she grew closer, closing your eyes as you braced for the worst. Instead, she embraced you and you looked at her, wide-eyed, since you were scared she was going to hurt you. However, any possible feelings of sweetness you felt from her embrace quickly disappeared as she gripped you tighter and tighter.

"I'll never, ever let you go. I will make you stay by any means possible...