𑁍Maybe she's not so bad after all𑁍 Yumeko

596 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loud. That was the best way to describe Yumeko Jabami. She was always so brash, screaming in excitement whenever she was close to her high in gambles, constantly yelling about something, and absolutely ruthless to students she was set to spar against in gambling matches. Last time you spared against him she had you pinned to the ground unable to move in the blink of an eye. You shudder at the thought. The malicious grin she had flashed you was almost enough to make you run for it. Not to mention, you didn't have the energy nor the want to deal with someone so loud, so you decided to completely avoide her.

Yumeko on the other hand hated the distance you kept. It would take all her willpower to not chase after you every time you excused yourself from the gamble she was in, giving a new excuse each time. It drove her absolutely crazy. Seeing you hang out with Midari and the other extras, but when she would show up you'd avoid her like the plague. She would even try to be friendly to you, smiling at you more often or doing small things. Anything to be closer to you.

So of course you would happen to both go to the dorms kitchen one night. She was pulling a glass of warm food from the microwave when you walked in. You had been unable to sleep, so you figured you'd make something warm to help. Now, however, you were starting to regret that decision. Whatever you were going to make seemed far less important now. She still had her back to you, so you hoped she didn't know you were there. Turning away from her, you silently began to walk away but her voice made you freeze.

"Oh, Y/N Hey" her voice was quieter than usual, something you were grateful for. After a pause, she appears in your peripheral, and you jolt. "Warm food helps if you can't sleep." Another pause, "You...you can have mine if you want."

At this you look at her, surprised.

"Why?"

"Because I...just take it okay. I don't want it anymore."

She shoves the plate of food towards you, careful to not let it spill. After a moment of hesitation, you take the cup from her extended hand. Your fingers brush her as you do, and she has to hold back the urge to want to touch you more. It was the first time you had willingly touched her without flinching. Not to mention you had been wearing more revealing sleepwear than your school uniform or things that you normally wore. Your tanktop teased her, only allowing her to see the very tops of your breasts. But it was cropped which allowed her to see more of your perfect body, something she was beyond grateful for. 

Yumeko forces herself to walk away before she can do anything she'll regret, but pauses when she hears a soft thank you come from behind her. A soft smile graces her lips and she nods before walking out of the kitchen.

Her theory was right. You reacted better to quieter things, preferring company that wasn't so loud. She made a mental note to tone it down around you. Hopefully, you'd see that she was perfect for you soon. Even if she had to pull some strings.

You stood in the kitchen, sipping the warm food pondering if that was really Yumeko Jabami. She seemed so calm compared to how she usually is.

Maybe she wasn't so bad after all.