𑁍She used to be your fool𑁍 Mary

TW: I don't know if this is TW worthy but In this Scenario there is mentions of cheating. So if you find this topic sensitive or uncomfortable then please skip or read with caution<3

2739 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had everything planned out for your special day. The gifts, the food, the outfit you were going to wear. Mary Saotome and you had been together for over 5 years at this point, started dating since your second year at Hyakkaou Private Academy. You made a note in the calendar you both shared about your anniversary date. It wasn't like you hadn't made the effort to remind her about the special day. But you guessed that she might be pre occupied. Maybe she was busy with some some gambling business...at 3 am.

It wasn't abnormal for Students at Hyakkaou Private Academy to stay after school for long hours, but Mary had been gone from your shared home since 12 in the afternoon. You tried telling yourself that gambling was work and that being an elite gambler was especially was unpredictable. But when she did this consistently, it was just ridiculous at this point. She wouldn't call you to tell you not to wait for her and she wouldn't say anything when she would come back from the Academy. So here you were, standing in the middle of your kitchen in your nice outfit for your supposed 5 year anniversary dinner and your girlfriend was yet to show. Frustrated and upset you cleaned everything up and just went to bed. It was lonely and cold, no other person sharing the space with you to help you drift off. You pass out from the exhaustion, you've cried yourself to sleep that night. Just like every other night.

The next morning you woke up to the site of your girlfriend "getting up" from her side of the bed. She's done this before, pretending that she got back around 1 or 2 in the morning. Almost like she thought you wouldn't stay up waiting for her to come back. Maybe she should've been smarter and not treated you like an idiot because she was showing you her fully exposed back. She had scratches on her. The red marks looked different from the ones she got from the inhumane treatment as a house pet, they also overlapped scarring that you remember taking care of. Maybe if she was smarter she would have hidden the hickeys on her neck better and maybe she would've made sure she didn't have someone else's lipstick stain peppered around her body. Maybe if she was just a good girlfriend she would have at least tried to cover it all up by taking a shower when she got back.

"Good morning baby. How did you sleep?" She looked so happy. The woman smiled at you, flashing her teeth at you playfully. Almost happy to see you that morning, like you both dont see each other every time you wake up. She looked so...content. Like nothing was wrong. Content with the situation. She was everything you weren't at the moment. This was your "adoring" girlfriend who you wasted 5 years of a relationship with just to have her come back to you with someone else's markings covering her body.

You don't know what possessed you in the moment. Maybe it was the fact that you felt nothing but anger or maybe it was the emptiness you felt simultaneously. God, you wanted to hurt her so badly. Why the fuck was she so happy when she has clearly replaced you? Why was she acting the same way she did when you first got together? Why did she look at you like you were her everything when you clearly weren't anymore? But were you ever?

"I want to break up." That quickly wiped the smile off her face. Your girlfriend looked confused. Almost like she couldn't feel the soreness in her skin from what she did last night.

"That's...not a funny joke, Y/N." Mary tried playing it off as you got up from your shared bed and started to look for the nearest set of clothes you could find. She watched you the entire time, waiting.

"I'm not being funny." You didn't care that your voice came off solid. You didn't care that you were avoiding her gaze. You got dressed as Mary continued to stare at you in disbelief. She started to shake. Her breathing became irregular and her body became cold. She felt like something was wrong but couldn't place a finger on it.