𑁍Read right through her𑁍 Yumeko

281 words                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yumeko first transferred to Hyakkaou Private Academy, she believed the stars to be the most beautiful thing she'd ever lay eyes on. She was so sure of it, so confident that nothing could ever compare to the twinkling lights of those burning constellations. She was wrong. So very, embarrassingly wrong.

Turns out, you were capable of outshining the heavens themselves. Glimmering eyes, dazzling smile, wild laughter; there were wonders unknown waiting to be uncovered just behind that mesmerizing gaze of yours.

You were also fresh into the Academy when Yumeko first met you, and she had to admit, she could've mistaken you for a goddess of war and grace if she didn't know any better. To have been gifted your love, respect and trust— the treasures of your heart— she quickly realized she'd do anything to protect these wonders you'd bestowed upon her.

Unfortunately, she wasn't the only one to see you in such heavenly light. Yumeko is not a woman of jealousy, but she is, in fact, a protector. Some believe she's become possessive of you, but it's quite the opposite, actually. She's merely scared, scared that others may have something to offer that she can't. Her reassurance comes from the small gestures that prove that what you have is unbreakable. Tea in the cafeteria with her. Lunch and dinners together. Cute dates to the casinos. And most importantly, protection from the idiots that dare challenge you to gambles.

She's defensive when she's scared, and perhaps that gets confused for possessiveness. Yumeko doesn't blame others for thinking of her in such ways, her demeanours and intentions are often misread.

Thankfully, you seem to read right through her.