𑁍You won't be feeling this way for long𑁍 Yumeko

719 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parting your lips placing your cup of tea between your chapped lips, eyes low and mind hazy. You were inside the cafeteria, a bit worn out, and heart heavy with worry. The breeze was cold on the exposed skin of your neck. You were slumped, you couldn't afford to get into any more dept and you could barely fight the tears anymore. What the fuck went wrong? you wondered.

Sniffles left your mouth as you reached to wipe your nose, taking another sip of your tea. Stopping as you were interrupted by the sound of the spot next to you. Almost gagging, you turn your interest to the individual next to you. Though hoping not to bring too much attention to yourself.

She was taking a sip of tea herself, taking a sip and then soon gulping it down. How cool, hm? The woman held pretty soft features, though you couldn't see her much due to the dim light emitting from the practically empty cafeteria. But the main thing you could see is her gorgeously long head of hair with faded sides.

Her eyes avert to yours, making you jump after getting caught. Though you kept staring, unable to break from her alluring eyes. A smile spread across her face, one of sympathy and gentleness. Only then did it seem to falter a bit as tears continued to pour down your smooth cheeks.

"Come on now deary, pretty people don't cry!"

For some odd reason, you felt a warm sensation fill your heart, snorting a bit at her flirty behavior. It had been so random of her, and her voice was kinder than you thought.

She moved a bit closer to you, her knee touching yours as she leans against the rough chair. In one quick breath, she takes a sip of tea while still gazing at you, a heart, a very perfect one at that. You had already finished your cup of tea, turning away her offer to drink some of hers. That had been the first time you smiled that night, well, a genuine one at least.

That's what the rest of the night consisted of. You sitting even closer, hands tossed in the air as you vent on about all sorts of stories. While she did nothing to interrupt you, just giving her input whenever a question was thrown. Or maybe a trade here and there about how sweet or beautiful you are, even in such a messy state.

You had come with your friends that night, trying to have a glimpse of home at gambling once again. Taking a breather outside to get away from it all. It was a decent story! Although only one story truly poked her interest.

"Yeah I actually came here for my boyfriend/girlfriend, I thought they'd settle my dept but Uhm, guess i'm not a priority since they're out gambling with someone else." You hiccupped, tears brimming in your eyes once again.

Her expression remained the same, somewhat vacant and sympathetic. You were tugged to her chest, safely tucked into her arms as she patted your hair. Cooing words of solace, resting her head atop of yours.

"Shh, What did I tell you about crying?"

This wasn't anything she didn't know, she's known for a while now. However, poor you still tried your failing luck, finding some way—any way to console your aching heart. It's almost hurt her as much as it hurt you to see you in such grieving pain, all while she was waiting for you day and night for a chance. But now, she was no longer in the shadows.

She'd never dream of cheating on you, you're perfect. Everything she could ever ask for is everything you are! But God does she get nervous around you, behind that stoic face was a world of emotions boiling in her chest. Just being this close to you was already too much for her to endure, you were warmer than she thought.

But seeing you cry was utterly unacceptable, unforgivable even. How could someone dare to make such a kind soul weep with such sadness? How could she allow someone to use you once again when she's here? She won't...she can't, it's not allowed. It's decided, she'll take that spot in your heart, the one she was always meant to be in.

"It's okay, you won't be feeling like this for long."