𑁍The only other person in the world𑁍 Yumeko

A/N: hello everyone! So just in case anyone wants an explanation, I changed the cover of this book because I wasn't really loving the last one, if you preferred the last cover over this one though please let me know and I'll change it back☺︎︎♡︎

2140 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was still strange to you, not being with Yumeko.

There was still a part of you that was surprised each time you walked past Yumeko's table at lunch, each time you didn't partner with her in class, each time you didn't wait for him to walk you to the gambling dens. It went against every instinct that had been ingrained in you, and each time you went against those instincts, even nearly a month after breaking up with Yumeko, it still pierced you through with anxiety. It probably didn't help that you still saw her all of the time, whether in class, at the dens, or just around campus. But that, you supposed, was inevitable so long as you both attended Hyakkaou private Academy. And it was, ultimately, something that you would be able to live with.

What you could not live with, however, were the seemingly infinite ways in which Yumeko had decided to make your life a living hell. Now, the two weeks or so after you broke up with her, Yumeko had left you alone for the most part. Other than, of course, the constant stares that you would find her giving you, stares that at first were smug and self-assured, then turned into confused resentment, and finally into bitterness. It was when that stare appeared that Yumeko seemed to have decided that she had had enough of sitting there silently and letting you get away with leaving her.

Her first move was a relatively simple one. Somehow, she convinced each member of your class not to pair up with you for anything gambling related, leaving you with no other choice but her. You, however, simply responded by not gambling at all. Although, you still had to deal with Yumeko breathing down your neck, trying to brush up against you at every opportunity she could find.

Next, no matter how quickly you ran out of class once the school day ended, Yumeko would find a way to be right behind you. The first few days that she did that, she simply walked behind you in silence, as if she was trying to force things back to the days when she escorted you everywhere, insisting that she needed to stay with you to keep you safe. Soon enough though, she realized that you weren't going to play along, simply ignoring her as if she wasn't even there. And if there was one thing that Yumeko refused to tolerate, it was being ignored. Especially by you.

She moved then to take your hand as you made your way back to the gambling areas. Again and again, you pulled your hand out of her grip, Yumeko letting you with no more than a glare. She just had to wear you down, she reassured himself, to remind you of what you really wanted. Patience was never her strong suit though, so on the fifth day of you rejecting her touch, she simply tightened her grip on you and refused to let you out of it.

"Stop it," you had hissed, partly in anger and partly in pain. Yumeko only seemed to hear the pain though, loosening her grip ever so slightly and bringing your hand to her lips as if she were about to kiss your pain away. Before she did though, something hardened in her previously soft eyes, Yumeko reminding herself that this was all your own fault.

"How long are you planning to keep up this tantrum against me?" She growled, the anger in her voice being enough to have you wincing, even while she stroked the back of your hand with her thumb.

"As long as it takes," you had tried to explain to her, "for you to realize that you can't treat me like you own me, Jabami." None of your words seemed to register with her though, that is, except for the last one.