𑁍I'd never complain𑁍 Mary

1001 words                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Saotome, the prince of the Hana Class in Hyakkaou private Academy, your girlfriend.

Although you never really understood why she asked you to go out with her in the first place, you never complained.

To others Mary Saotome was someone scary and dangerous, a bully or a brat. To you, she was your prince. Her behavior changed drastically whenever she was with you. She went from spoiled to loving in a matter of seconds. Yumeko and Ryota noticed this, but they were too preoccupied with gambling related things to speak up about it, they knew Mary and they didn't want her to burst out into a tantrum. And the two friends liked you very much. Although you were shy and reserved, you always acted the nicest towards them, you often took the time out of your day to partake in gambles with them, and unlike many in the academy you were not scared to take risks, and that immediately made them like you. They respected and looked out for you.

You and Mary often went on dates of course, but your favourites were the ones where there was only the two of you at a quiet place. During those times, both of you could open up to one another. You weren't afraid to speak up and she could talk about whatever she wanted.

Others often teased you about your introverted and shy nature, but Mary was always there for you to defend and protect you, you were her princess after all.

You noticed that ever since you were dating Mary people treated you differently. There were certain people who were too afraid to even look your way, there was another who didn't care and teased you about it, then there was one that was jealous.

Since Mary Saotome was an amazingly skilled gambler, pupils in the Academy thought they were worthy to be her partner rather than you. So they often made comments about you, you lost your friends due to their hate and abuse. But of course, you never mentioned any of this to Mary. You loved her too much and didn't want to worry or stress her out.

You never stood up for yourself, you figured giving attention to bullies will only encourage them, but that didn't mean that Mary wouldn't.

One day, you were reading in the hall, minding your own business, your fingers were paying unconsciously with your necklace, the necklace you received from your girlfriend as a gift. It has a simple medal, but you loved it so much.

"Hello Mittens." you heard someone say. You looked up and saw Jun Kiwatari right in front of you with his whole crew around him . "What have you got there?" He asked pointing at your necklace. You quickly put the jewel under your shirt.

"Nothing," you said as stood up to leave but one of the boys stood in front of you.

"How rude of you, Mittens. He asked a question."

You didn't answer her, usually when you stayed silent for a few minutes, they would all leave, but not this time. One of the boys grabbed your book and threw it on the floor.

"Pick it up Mittens." but you didn't. And so the guy in front of you grabbed your shirt.

"Just because you happened to make Saotome feel sorry enough for you to start dating you it doesn't mean you are not a worthless little bitch."

His words didn't hurt. You knew it wasn't the truth.

"HEY!" you heard a voice to your left as all of you and the people around you looked at his way.

Mary was walking up to you very quickly, anger written all over her face. Sure, there were moments where she wasn't the bravest, but when if came to you, she would do literally anything to save or help you.

"Get your dirty hands off Y/N, you asshole!" the guy did let you go in a second, and you moved quickly to stand and stop Mary. You placed your hands on her chest. She was ready to fight. Although the adrenaline in your system didn't allow you to hear her words, you knew you needed to stop her or she'd get in serious trouble.

"Mary." you called out but she didn't hear you, too busy yelling at Jun. "Mary." you tried again, but it didn't work.

"You useless pieces of shits. Don't you have anything better to do than to bother people. You worthless lowlife bunch of cowards. Just you wait until-" Mary couldn't finish with her raging rant as you pulled her down by the collar and placed your lips to her.

Everyone was staring at you, they did not expect you to kiss her, she often did, but not you. You always got red and shied away.

"Mary, it's okay." you said as you pulled back from her lips.

"Don't you have anything better to do?!" She looked at the crowd around you, grabbed your book from the floor and your hand as she walked away with you.

The two of you soon arrived to a silent and empty hallway.

"Why did you tell me that they were picking on you?"

"I don't care. Jun is an asshole, his words don't affect me."

"I still don't like it." She said as she pulled you close and hugged you to her chest. "Did you really just kiss me in front of his shit gang?" She asked with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Ugh." you let out a groan. "Please don't mention it. It was an embarrassing move."

Your face was red but you didn't pull away. You felt thankful that Mary helped you with your dickhead bully Jun, but you also felt a bit relieved that you were able to stop her so she wouldn't get in trouble.

And if that meant that each time you will have to kiss her in public, you would do it.

And Mary Saotome would never complain.