𑁍I miss you when you're gone𑁍 Mary

493 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sharp smell of perfume had begun to become comforting in a way. You still hated the way it prickled your nose, and how you could never associate it with anyone but your captor.

How you despised her.

You hated the feeling of her arms around you. You hated the way she'd rub her cheek against yours and coo about how much she loved you. Hated everything about her.

But you had to try to endure it, biting back the bile in the back of your throat when Mary wanted a kiss. Gritting your teeth when her slender hands travelled across your body.

Because the moment her guard dropped enough, you'd run. You'd run as fast and as far away as you possibly could – away from this hellhole you'd been locked up in for god knows how long.

"You're rather quiet today," Mary hummed. She was resting on a pile of blankets, body wrapped around yours possessively. You'd long since stopped minding the feeling of her perfectly curby body against yours.

You adjusted your position to free one of your arms. You brushed it through her golden, messy hair, forcing a smile.

"Just some things on my mind, darling." You controlled your voice when saying the nickname, making sure you didn't spit it out. "Nothing to worry about."

But from the way she shifted to look into your eyes, chin propped up on your chest, you knew that she would very much worry about it.

Repressing a sigh, you mustered up as genuine of a smile you could manage, and moved your hand from her head to rest on her cheek, racking your brain for a beneficial lie.

Well no lie would be beneficial for you right now, and would only make your suffering worse for the time being... but beneficial to your end goal of escaping...

Leaning down, you placed as sweet of a kiss as you could on her chapped lips, feeling your stomach churn at the pleased sound he let out.

"You've just been away a lot lately," you said, averting your eyes. "I miss you when you're gone, you know."

You could practically see hearts forming in her eyes as she looked up at you, beaming. Her arms around you tightened and she let out a laugh so happy and loving that were it in a different context, you're sure it would have made your heart melt.

"Awwwww you missed me?" she asked, smile broadening. "Well then. Can't have my partner feeling sad when I'm gone." She snuggled her face into your chest, content.

As you forced yourself to smile and hold her close, preparing for her to stick around and spend more time with you than usual, a small part of you was relieved. Relieved that she'd be there with you.

No, you must have imagined that.

Your goal is to leave. To escape this crazy woman. to get far far away from here. Right? Right?