𑁍I can't wait𑁍 Mary

905 words                                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary looked up at the stars in the night sky as the cool summer breeze lightly tossed her golden blonde hair. She hummed as she thought about this being a possible nice date for you and her. She had yet to ask you out, but she was determined to ask you.
Mary pulled her eyes away from the stars to see you walking with your phone in hand, flash light on. She blushed and knew this was her chance to ask you out. She walked over to you and noticed you were wobbling on your feet. She sprinted towards you when you started falling. She skidded on her knees and caught you just before you hit the floor.
She grabbed your lantern and lifted it up to see you were pale with dark circles under your eyes. She picked you up in her arms and carried you inside as her heart raced like mad. Mary was a flood of different emotions. She was scared that you were going to die, but she was angry that you let yourself get like this. She was upset that no one had noticed you were like this but ashamed that she didn't do anything sooner.
She lay you on her sofa and started taking off your uniform blazer and house pet tag as carefully as she could. She placed a wet cloth on your head. She supported your head up and helped you drink some water. She settled you back down and watched over you as you slept.
She let out a long sigh as she played with your hair and watched you closely. She hoped you'd wake up soon. She could tell you had collapsed due to over-exhaustion, possibly from all the gambling you had been forced to do. She was worried about you and knew very well that you deserved so much better.
You moaned as your body felt heavy and your head hurt. You opened your eyes and groaned. "I feel like shit."
Mary offered you a glass of water. "Tch, not surprised."
You sat up and downed your water. "Thank you. Sorry for troubling you."
"It's no trouble."
You sighed. "I need to get back out to the gambling dens."
Mary placed her hand on your shoulder and sat you down. "You are not leaving."
You blushed a little. "Mary."
She rubbed your cheek and pressed one of the bags under your eyes. "You're not leaving."
You welled up. "But Mary."
"But nothing." She gave you some food. "Now, tell me what the fuck has been going on."
You sighed as you felt the weight of everything lean on you and a choke build up in your throat. "I need to work harder. I need to be better to get myself out of this house pet system. Being a mitten is scary. I'm so scared that some day someone will come up and just kill me, I want to get out of this, and I want to get others out as well, but it's every man for themselves in a school like this."
Mary sighed and held your hand as she said your name. "You can't save everyone in a school like this. You can only worry about yourself out here."
"I can try."
She smiled and locked eyes with you. "And that's what matters. As long as you try to keep yourself safe. You shouldn't push yourself too much. I admire your strength, but you make me worry. If you keep pushing yourself, then you could get hurt and then what? With you gone or hurt, there will be no one there for them." Her thumb gently ran over your hand. "You have to value yourself just as much as you value those around you."
You smiled back at her. "Thank you Mary...I understand."
"I know how you feel. I know how hard it is and when I lost my friend to this system, I think what could I have done better?" She shook his head. "We have to accept that we can't save every person, but we can give them the best shot and make sure their sacrifice wasn't for nothing."
"You're right. Thank you for talking to me." You frowned a little. "Why are you doing this?"
Mary blushed a little. "W-Well, i-it's because you umm." She cleared her throat. "I...ah..." She stared at you for a bit before kissing you. She pulled back a bit. "D-Does that help?"
You cupped the side of her face and returned the kiss. You smiled when she chased your lips for another. You hummed as you kissed this woman's soft hot lips that tasted like tea and lemon over and over. You pulled back for some air and gasped. "I'll slow down with how much I gamble. I want my friends to survive, but I won't run myself into a grave. I also want to live for you."
Mary smiled a little. "I want to live for you too." She licked her lips and hummed. "That was my first kiss, was it okay?"
You giggled. "It was perfect. I guess we're a couple."
She nodded. "You're mine and I'm yours. So, we should go on a date tomorrow night. I want to take you on a midnight walk so we can look at the stars, they look so pretty when you're on the rooftops."

"I can't wait."