|20|

Chapter 20: It's not too late
(wearing this)
I received a lot of glares in the upcoming weeks to the final task. 3 weeks after the second task i decided to sing the song i had originally written for Cedric for the whole school. My hair had turned blue from all of the taunting i received from being cedric's treasure and Cho Chang has started pushing me around again, And all people seem to be saying is that I have let them down. It was decided from the moment i had awoken that morning. I got Changed and went to go see Professor Dumbledore as soon as I could. I said the password to his office (Cockroach Cluster) and walked up to his door, the spiral staircase was starting to get dizzying as I finally reached the top. the door was already opened and I knock on the open door and step inside the room.
"Professor? Are you here?" I asked into the room.
"Ms Alcove. What can I do for you?" he asked.
"I was wondering if at dinner today, if I could sing a song I wrote?" I said as he looked expectant. He seemed thoughtful for a moment.
"will it reveal how you've been feeling down recently? your hair is a bright shade of blue and I have noticed your normal hair colour is actually Black." he asked
"Yes Sir, it will." I say defeated.
"As it is, I will allow you to perform this song, but only if you explain to me why it was written." he said
"it's more or less a self-explanatory song. If you were to listen to it first you'd probably get it first time." I say
"Very well. You may perform it at dinner time today if you wish. I must let you go for your lessons now, don't want you being late especially when you've got Transfiguration first today." he said and with a wave of his hand I was dismissed. I now have to rush to break fast and then go to McGonagall's classroom. I might have to skip the breakfast bit. I thought as I checked my watch, it was almost time for first lesson of the day.
-Dinner that night-
I ate with my head held down until dumbledore caught my eye. I get up and go to leave the Hall and He calls Out "Ms Alcove. Can you come up here please?" He boomed and I felt the eyes of the entire hall on me as i turn around and start to walk towards Dumbledore. I get there and he whispers "Are you ready?" and i nod. "Now Then, I believe Ms Alcove has something to say but I must admit, I asked her to sing for us instead." He says and with a wave of his wand a microphone stand appeared with a microphone and a guitar. I walk up to the microphone and say,
"Hi everyone. I just wanted to say something but obviously i have to sing it so here goes."
Unknown Object(Pretend She Wrote this)
Here am I am, feels like the walls are closing in
Once again, it's time to face it and be strong
I wanna do the right thing now
I know it's up to me somehow
I've lost my way

If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've go to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

So I'll take a stand even though it's complicated
If I can I wanna change the way I made it
I gotta do the right thing now
I know it's up to me somehow
I'll find my way

If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've go to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

I'm gonna find the strength to be the
One that holds it all together
Show you that I'm sorry but I
Know that we can make it better

If I could take it all back I would now
I never meant to let you all down
And now I've got to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

I never meant to let you all down
And now I've got to try to turn it all around
And figure out how to fix this
I know there's a way, so I promise
I'm gonna clean up the mess I made
Maybe it's not too late

I sang the last note and looked out towards Hufflepuff house who all looked at me in pure discust. I decided in that moment to say something.
"That is it! I try and say sorry and you ignore me, I try and explain about the whole thing and you turn away. I really hoped it wasn't too late and that I would be accepted if I was in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff! Loyal? I think not! You are meant to be loyal to every single person in your house and even if they leave you stay with them, not gang up on them and go behind their back! we were friends for 3 fucking years and this is how you repay it? By turning your back on me for being a Gryffindor? I'm done being sorry for being put in another house and leaving you all behind. Turns out it was the best thing that fucking happened to me!" I yelled my hair rapidly turning a firey red. I run out of the great hall before anybody can catch up with me and into the Gryffindor common room. I run up to the dorm room and lock the door with an advanced locking charm. I breathed heavily for a moment but then it slowed and I felt my hair return to its normal colour. I had tried to apologise but it wasn't worth it. I couldn't believe that it had come to this. I felt like I was going to cry. I had tried so hard this year to stop myself crying but I had already broken that. It's nothing major, right? aside from the fact I had lost all of my old friends? I couldn't help it, I burst into tears, curled up on the floor. I must have fallen asleep at some point because I had an out of body experience.
I was walking around Hogwarts and I try to say hi to my friends but they ignore me.
"Olivia is such a fat ugly bitch! she was stupid to think I loved her." said Adam and i think my heart just split in two. The scene darkened and I saw my dad there talking to Dumbledore
"Olivia is no daughter of mine. She's dead to me."
i couldn't take it I wanted out of the dream but it kept on going and tourturing me.
"Stupid Fat Bitch."
"Dead To Me."
"Where's your mom, fatty?" the voices kept taunting and taunting me
"Stop it. Stop it, please" I say waking up with tears on my face. I open my eyes to see my dad with Adam and Abi at his side peering over at me and like the great baby I am, I burst into tears. I reach out for my dad but he falls through my arms and I reach for Adam and abi but they fall away dead and he's there again, Voldemort. You know what can happen if you do not join us. let this be a lesson to you." he said before pointing his wand at me and saying the fateful words "Avada Kedavra."
I wake up screaming and my dad is there again. I try to touch him and he stays solid. He pulls me into a bear hug and I sob into his shoulder.
"Ssh, What is the matter?" he asks
"V-V-Voldemort." I say and he flinches badly.
"shhh, it was only a dream." he says hugging me tighter to him and once I stop crying he lets go.
"Where is everyone?" I ask in a calmed tone.
"In the common room. They have been told you have been given a calming draught and may need to be left alone."
"I want Adam, I'll go down to him." I say whilst getting out of the bed I had been laid in.
"Are you sure?"
"Positive." i say with a small smile.
"You may want to change your hair back."
"what do you mean?"
"It's bright blue." he says handing me a small mirror. I see that my hair was a mess and was indeed a very bright shade of blue. I get up and walk to the bathroom where I had left my hair brush this morning and come back near the bed brushing through it whilst I try and remember something happy to change my hair back but it didn't work. I shrugged my shoulders and quickly brushed through my hair before I spoke to my dad again.
"Thanks, Dad." I say giving him a hug.
"No problem, Just remember you are my little girl and I love you no matter what." he says which makes me smile and my hair changed briefly to yellow before changing back to blue.
"Shame I can't change my hair back but oh well. You can go if you want dad, I'm fine now." I say and he nods his head and leaves the room. I decide to quickly change my clothes and walk downstairs where my entire house was staring at me like an alien from out of space. I walk out of the portrait hole and up to the owlrey where I wrote a letter to Remus:
Dear Remus,
I found my real dad. I guess nobody told you but it's Snape. I had wasted months of looking when he was right under my nose. I miss you Remus and kind of need some advice. Things have gotten bad, really bad and i need some time away from being me. I'm asking Dumbledore for a fake identity for the next week. I need to know your opinion. I don't think it would be fair to ask Sirius as well as you because he isn't responsible for me. I need to see you again.
With Love
Olivia Louise Alcove
Your Goddaughter
I hadn't written to Remus before but still showed Venustas a photo of him before she took off with the letter. All I could do now was wait.