|24|

Chapter 24 : Where am I going to go this summer?
(wearing this)
Its the day I leave Hogwarts for Summer before I realize I have no where to go. I don't know where my dad lives or anybody else except from my Boyfriends and my Ex-best friends houses. the only place I have left is Hogwarts where I will not be allowed to stay because it is becoming increasingly dangerous, well it's understandable, with Lord Voldemort being back and all. My Boyfriend's parents hate me even though they've never met me. Any way, I may as well see if Dumbledore can find me a new safe home. I walk up to his Office and give the password. The Stone Gargoyle sprang back to reveal the staircase behind it. I climb up the staircase and knock on the door in my usual way and wait for Dumbledore to say "Enter." But he doesn't. He sounds solem when he says "Come In, Ms Alcove." and i walk in through the door slightly confused. "Please sit down." he says once i enter the circular room and approach the seats in front of his desk.
I sit down and he continues "Now I believe that you have no place to go this summer."
"How-?"
"You are not Adams only correspondent. I know your foster carers are indeed death eaters and that you do not wish to go back to them which is why I have contacted Remus Lupin who is more than happy to take you in as long as you don't go out during a full moon. he will get as far away as possible to transform."
"He doesn't need to. I can help him, I learned how to make wolfsbane during the run up to the second task of the tournament." I say looking away once I mention the Triwizard tournament.
"Ms Alcove, you do realise that Remus has made me swear to make you agree to his terms."
"I understand sir. I just want to be able to help him."
"That is quite alright. now just the problem of your remaining things at the house where you used to live." he says and i nod understanding that i couldn't exactly go alone to fetch it, Dumbledore looks at me knowingly and continued "Then there is no time to lose." and he walked around to my side of the desk and held out his arm. I looked at him puzzled but stood up and took it trusting in him. Suddenly, I was jerked into a small tube and squeezed half to death. Oh, the joys of apparating. I open my eyes to the sight of my old childhood home before I throw up from the apparition. I look up to see Dumbledore smiling slightly as I straighten up from my previous position. We walk towards the front of the house without a word. I approach the door wearily and try turning the handle, it was locked.
"Alohamora!" I say and Dumbledore stares at me, "Sorry, sir." I apologise and he just chuckles.
"I cast that spell miss Alcove not you, understand?" he said and I nod as we walk in through the door and cross the threshold. I go to walk up the stairs but a slight weeping sound meets our ears. Dumbledore looks at me and I shrug my shoulders. "Stay behind me Ms Alcove and get your wand out." he says as we set off through the house. we tiptoe up stairs towards the sound of the weeping and as we pass the old hatch to get to the attic, the cries get louder.
"I think somebody is up there sir." I say and Dumbledore stops staring at the hatch I am now pointing to. He nods and uses his magic to open the loft hatch so that I could get up and look around. I climb the ladder and immerse myself in darkness. "Lumos!" I whisper and immediately I had a source of light. I hear a small gasp behind me as I turn bewildered. My wand light shines on an older girl's face. She must have been at least 6 years older than me but she was dirty and very skinny, her arms looked like they could almost snap. I look at her as she smiled baring we yellowed teeth.
"Olivia?" she said in disbelief as I almost fall from my ladder. I am caught by Dumbledore who sets me back on the ground again. He allows the underfed girl to come down to my level. I put out my wand light almost immediately. "Oh? it's okay. Mom explained about Hogwarts, only that was before I was shut up there." she said sadly and something seemed to slot into place.
"Nikki? Is that you?" I ask tentivatley
"y-y-yes" she said only he voice distorted into somebody else's that I knew. Lily Saunders.
"It's a Trap." I say, "It's a trap!" I repeat once more before backing away forgetting where Dumbledore was. He seemed to spell away the young woman and push me into my former bedroom so that I could collect my things. I found an old overnight bag and placed everything that I could in the holdall, It consisted of very few clothes, a bunch of old photographs and letters, and a few shrunken ornaments from my room. I open the door to find my previous foster carers tied up and Dumbledore's eyes burned with a fire I had only seen once before in my life. We leave almost immediately after that. We arrive back in Hogwarts where I again throw up only in a bin this time. I apologise once again and flee the room, terrified of what could happen next.