•1

Since the wedding, Aryan's protectiveness had only increased. He always kept a close eye to see that his jungli had not fallen in another mess.

In doing so, he also realised that his feelings for her are not merely protective in nature, but it's more deeper. The more he questioned himself, the more he did not want to find out the answer—this was eating away at him for weeks.

He would gaze at her with a longing and when she finally returned his gaze, he'd be the first to break it. Deep down, he was not sure if she felt the same way.

Somewhere deeper down, he feared her not getting over her pathetic ex—Aditya Kumar Tripathi (a name that immediately surged his temper and caused his blood to boil).

He feared her...going away from him...

"NO!" He loudly exclaimed—his worst nightmare on the hospital bed again brought before his eyes—of his ray of sunshine leaving him.

No, he could not bear it. Not again!

Just with this, his hatred for AKT came back.

He knew that he had buried it somewhere deep down, and that it never really went away. He wanted to make this man pay—for 4 years —since the incident, he decided he wanted to make him pay for EVERYTHING!

When he had acted on it, however, there was someone who made it very difficult.

Imlie.

The very girl who he'd have never expected to take a look at again since his first encounter with her, was now the only thing standing as a roadblock between him and his goal.

She had asked him...no BEGGED him to spare that speck of a man! It was on account of her not being able to see her family, the Tripathis, hurt. She'd begged him to let it go.

To see her take a stand for that man boiled Aryan's blood even further.

The next step he took was a step he wouldn't have ever imagined in his lifetime. His purpose was to free her of her servitude to the Tripathis and to ensure that she wouldn't be doing them any more favours.

Yes, with this very purpose —and maybe somewhere the nightmare that triggered again—he put forth the very daunting proposal.

Of marriage. To him.

While Imlie heard this, she was beside herself in shock. For obvious reasons, she couldn't believe why her 50-50 partner, her ABP, would suggest such an outrageous thing—even after knowing her trauma with the very subject.

Still, with a sword piercing her heart, she had agreed.

Aryan knew she would choose the family—she always did. It was this virtue of being selfless to a fault that made Imlie the centre of her own problems.

This was the event that had ultimately weakened the bond that they shared —there were doubts sowed in their relationship now.

—————————-

Coming back to present times, Aryan was still fighting his feelings.

He was unaware about how to approach this subject—but he was also still keen on pursuing his revenge.

He decided that whatever he did, there was going to be a drastic bearing on his relationship with Imlie.

Now since things had been on a good pace, did he really want to jeopardise that?

He questioned himself most of the time—and for the rest left, his thoughts were only occupied with Imlie.

He was staring at her as she was now getting ready at the dressing table.

His "jungli"—a strong sense of possession now sweeping over him, how beautiful she looked in her aqua marine salwar suit today, which she paired with her jhumkis that reached till her shoulder—her hair untied and resting over her back.

When she gathered her hair in front, he couldn't help but look at the bare part of her back clad by the 'doris' that held her salwar.

Oh, how he wanted to loosen them....

"WAIT...WHAT?"

Aryan gulped and gasped at himself.

He started nervously looking into his laptop after violently snapping out—as there was no way his mind could handle any such thoughts for now.

He still didn't know where Imlie stood in this position there were at, and no ...no, he simply couldn't risk anything!