•13

{Felt like giving a small overview on Imlie's work colleague, Pia Sharma.

She had applied for the internship during the same time as Imlie, but she's much older than her. She has certain talents—her mind is sharp, she has clarity in her thoughts and is also hardworking, but that gets overshadowed when she is put in the same room with Imlie.

Her insecurity seeps out, then and she puts her quick mind to work to try to find ways to demean her colleague.

As per her thought- process, Imlie has always been given everything easy, while she always feels she has to prove herself twice as more.

She, however, forgets that she too has been given chances like the others and when it has been her time, she has shone in those moments.

But, unfortunately, that's not enough for our Ms. Sharma—who somewhere deep down, is vying for more attention—from a certain Mr. Rathore!

She has turned bitter due to this and now, is our typical jealous work-colleague, who is otherwise talented, but chooses to focus more on belittling the other.}

———————————-

In the previous chapter:

Aditya's temper surged and he leapt forward to grab Imlie's shoulders. He growled at her,

"How DARE YOU say that to me—when YOU are clearly the cause of the image I have left of me everywhere—-"
But he couldn't complete what he had said.

A strong punch and he was pushed back by miles. He now turned to look at the still tightly-fisted man ahead of him. He looked at the fury in his eyes—while his one arm encircled his wife's back, whilst caressing her.

—————————-

He spoke now, thundering, but reigning in his temper for good measure,

"You have NO RIGHT—-nor has anyone in this office, to insinuate about or malign anyone's reputation here! You have created a scene and insulted a co-worker of the same office, if nothing else! An official complaint can be filed against you with HR—for you to lose your job and so-called "reputation" for good."

"Imlie has made a mistake, and like everyone else, she has to explain her case. After that, there shall be consequences."

"But for YOU—to bring our marriage into every single topic is BELOW the belt and I will not tolerate this nonsense any further. Not from you nor from anyone else!"

He looked at Imlie now, his hand still firm on her back, she was only looking up at him. He took her hand in his and held on to it tightly.

He looked around the office to make his point clear to everyone, once and for all.

"Is that CLEAR TO EVERYONE?" When everyone immediately nodded, he told them to get back to work.

"Now, YOU—you disgusting—" Aryan tried hard to reign in his temper.

"—Because you touched my wife, when you have absolutely NO right to, I will be happily giving you a resignation right away—and with her choice, she can further take it up as an official complaint against you for workplace harassment."

Aryan clenched his fists from wanting to punch him again. He looked at Imlie then, who was begging him with her eyes to stop—and caressed his palm so he calmed down a bit.

Aditya, who's ego was wounded even further, now spoke in a shaky voice, not determined to let his pride go.

"I'll accept the resignation happily, but don't forget—-even you laid a hand on me—in the office! So don't think this is a one-way street! I'll call my lawyers if I have to, I have the money as well and I—-"