•32

Aryan was resting his head on the cot, trying to catch a few winks of sleep—since he did not have his work to keep him busy for the time being.

His wife had just left for the market a while back with one of her childhood friends—and he didn't think it was necessary to disturb their girl's hangout time.

He was just about to shut his eyes when he heard a tap on the door. It was Daddha.

"Good day Aryan babu, I hope I didn't disturb you?"

"No Daddha, please don't say that. Kindly have a seat. Imlie has just gone to the market with Padmini."

"Actually...I came here with the intent of speaking to you specifically— about Imlie..."

"Yes, Daddha? Is something the matter?"

"Nothing of the sort...you see...we never really got a chance to speak much, since your marriage..."

"Whatever it is, Daddha, please tell me freely—if I can be of any aid, I will try my best."

"Well, I just came here to say...thank you. Thank you, Aryan Babu."

At this, Aryan was stunned. In the few moments they had spoken together, this was something that he could never have anticipated.

As Aryan opened his mouth to a protest, Satyakaam continued...

"Because I have seen my daughter's glow return. Her happiness—which had been hidden under a veil of tears and sadness, these past few years, has finally come through. And I'm really grateful to YOU and your family for that."

"I'll be honest, Aryan babu, I was not very much in favour of this marriage, even through Meethi's insistence, but the way I have heard my daughter speak about you—and these past few days, witnessing it with my own eyes, seeing you two together, I can only thank God that my gudiya has finally found her companion. I have heard her calling you as her 50-50 partner, along with her million other names, of course ...but I can't explain how much joy that has brought Meethi and me. So yes, thank you, Aryan Babu..."

"...she is our diamond. And you have looked after and supported her as such. That's why I couldn't let you leave from here without telling you this."

Aryan usually could come up with something to say. He was a businessman through and through. But there were certain occasions, some moments, which just—left him speechless.

It was only his close circle that was capable of doing so—and today, Daddha himself had done it—driven Aryan Singh Rathore speechless.

He contemplated on what to say—but couldn't find the words. He could barely string a sentence together.

He could've simply said that he didn't deserve any gratitude, because Imlie had impacted his life just as much, and maybe even more.

But at that time as he was working out to speak something—he was overwhelmed with what Daddha did further.

"You are a good man, sir. And respectable. My Imlie could not have found a better man than you."

So saying, he put a hand on his head and blessed him. Then lightly patting him on the back with a smile, he left.

But he left Aryan with much more—words that he would always treasure and never ever forget.

From a father.

—————

He laid back down on the couch now, lost in reflections again.

Imlie.

MISUNDERSTOOD - an Arylie Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें