•14

Many days had passed since the office incident.

Imlie and Kiara had now teamed up for a presentation in their college.

They were both very excited for it—they had sat for days together discussing various pointers. They really did want to take efforts to perfect every single detail.

In this period of time, her bond with Kiara had also developed very well. They now fit in like two peas-in-a-pod.

A certain Mr. Rathore, however, was not too jazzed by his wife's attention completely diverted to this so-called activity.

He knew that she had a tendency to overwork herself to exhaustion.

In order to prevent that, he would often leave post-it's on their bed side table—to remind her to eat/ drink /sleep. Imlie used to find them and laugh at her husband's antics—but also silently realise his thoughtfulness.

After having followed his instructions, she would feel like giving back a response to him.

So, she used to purposely leave the post-it's with "kiss emojis" at the back to irritate him further. But, alas, it used to only make him go red in the face.

This went on till the days nearing the presentation.

On the day of the presentation, however, Kiara was very nervous. She felt shy speaking to an audience and was finding it difficult to breathe.

Imlie, having looked at her, clasped her hand with hers, assuring her that it was going to be okay!

Kiara gulped a little and had starting trouble—but Imlie was constantly by her side re-assuring her with some of her "je phyuures" and they both got through their talking points.

They had actually taken troubles to gather the research matter on their own—while also visiting places and getting the real- life accounts of people. This added more value to their presentation—as it went by smoothly from then on.

Both of them were very happy and they decided to celebrate with some ice-cream.

Just as they were walking out, Imlie noticed a familiar figure leaning on the hood of his car—his aviators on—his perfectly fitted-suit across his body, with his hands in his pocket —causally waiting for someone.

There wasn't even a moment's wait as Imlie, in all her happiness, leapt forward to hug the man.

She hugged him so tight that Kiara, who was observing this, almost thought he wasn't able to breathe. But, instead, he just gathered her in his arms and hugged her even tighter if it was possible.

Imlie was constantly muttering about every single detail of her today's presentation against his chest, while he now rested his chin across her head, nodding occasionally and caressing her back, to help calm his enthusiastic wife.

She said something in a low voice then, and pouted. It looked like she was complaining about something.

But he just placed a small kiss on her head and she was back to smiling—as wide as before.

Kiara was about to get teary-eyed as she viewed this couple. They truly looked "so adorable."

If ever there was a moment, where she felt more single, it was this.

But there was something about them. Something so pure—and raw.

They just radiated a very beautiful bond, and she had only witnessed it for mere minutes.

Just then, she said a small prayer in her head for both of them.

She was genuinely so happy for her new friend, Imlie.