•27

She seen about 5 messages from the contact—an unknown number.

"Hi Imlie...so it seems you blocked my number...no problem shsl"

"Imlieeee hi! Idk I can't see what I'm typing...I stole your number again from ma! Heiuuu"

She had guessed who it was by then, but what she couldn't understand...was the gibberish mode of writing. Was he drunk?

She went on to read the third.

"Imlie ....Aditya here. I was your husband once?"

There it was.

"I'm sorrrry...I didn't like your current husband beehbmuch! I'm sorreh...maybe I shouldnt have done it!"

"Done what?" Imlie started panicking. She dreaded reading further...

"I hired—-someone. Maybe nothing has happened yet. They decided fur today. Keep him close Imliesee. I didn't want to hurtjjj anhone....I didn't mean to!"

Imlie dropped the phone in horror. She could've never seen something like this coming.

She was very confused at first—but remembered all about the threat then. The same discussion from the morning, swirling in her head.

She wanted to cry her heart out—trembling with fear—but forced herself to calm down—breathing steadily.

Nothing had happened yet, and nothing would!

She promptly picked her phone up and took a screenshot of the chat. This man would not be let off easy!

She called the Commisioner, Mr Dheeraj Rathi—immediately, to let him know of this—and then rang up Aryan.

The ring went once...twice...thrice...while Imlie could feel her heart thudding loudly in her chest.

Meanwhile, Mr Rathi had the number traced—confirming it was none other than Aditya. They would bring him in for interrogation immediately.

He made arrangements to send a vehicle of his officers to the village now.

Imlie had an argument with him over that very topic, fighting tooth and nail, that she would also accompany the officers.

Her husband wasn't picking up the phone—and even his driver at the moment, was not reachable.

She would go there...anyhow! She couldn't sit here...unless she seen him herself!

After having a long chat with his trusted team, and preparing all the safety instructions for her to abide by, he gave in.

Rathi decided to handle Aditya—himself.

He had gotten intel weeks back on a possible hit-list which included his dear friend, but there had been many of those in the past as well.

He had always warned him, in any case, without wait. This time though....

He very well wanted to get to the bottom of this...and scrape out that gang once and for all. He wanted the necessary information by hook or crook.

He only knew it was a gang involved—but didn't know the extent of their abilities, or their hold over a particular area—or whether their threats were to be considered legitimate.

He was convinced about one thing though—that he wouldn't let anything happen to his friend!

He just had to make sure Imlie was properly taken care of—because he knew very well, through Aryan himself, that if not with them, she would venture out herself—jeopardising her safety even further. So he gave in.