•11

{We shall now have the entry of the one and only, in this chapter}

————————

Imlie had a good night's rest. She was surprised to find herself tucked properly in bed when she could only remember her last working on her laptop.

She then had a small blush thinking it must obviously be Aryan, who carried her and made sure she was comfortable.

Her eyes searched for him—she was wondering whether he had gone for his walk.

Just then, she received a text from him saying that he had left early on account of an urgent meeting. He also wished her a "good luck" for her interview.

She then smiled again, lost in her thoughts about him.

She wished she could tell him how much he means to her...

How she could just...caress his beard...nudge their noses together...place a small kiss on his cheek...whisper in his ear...shower all her lov.... Oh God, No!

With a violent shake of her head, her eyes snapped open and she jumped out of bed quickly.

She decided to get ready for the day and stop thinking about her husband for once.

She had a long day to go about and she wanted to handle the task given to her efficiently.

At Bhaskar Times:

"Good morning, Adi Sir. You must've heard who is joining me on the interview today right?"

Aditya Kumar Tripathi had just entered his cubicle and was busy drinking his coffee. He lazily dragged his eyes up to see his intern trying to involve him in some conversation.

"No, I don't. Some socialite interview...Ha! It doesn't interest me anyway!" He snapped.

"But sirrr! You should've guessed already, who else could it be?
Imlie of course! Also, I've heard....Aryan Sir specially handed her this!"

At this, Aditya now had his full focus on Pia.

He looked like anger would consume him with the mention of that name.

Pia continued with her rant,

"It's SOOO unfair, sir! Even if it's a socialite, it should be someone with experience conducting it! Someone who doesn't get everything easy! Someone...with years of journalism behind them...to handle the expertise that goes along with these interviews!"

Aditya finally spoke, with distaste evident in his tone.

"What else can be expected from her? She must've specifically asked for this? And her lover...so called CEO... must've granted her wishes? Is that so hard to understand?"

Pia could see that he was barely controlling his rage. Enjoying this, she decided to coax him even further.

"Sir...we do not need to give in to this system. This Imlie-hyping needs to stop somehow. I'd say we propose an end to this! Right-away!"

Aditya now was keenly listening to what Pia had to say.

With every passing word, his smile grew wider.

"Yes...of course, that should teach her (and HIM too), not everything comes easy....!" He said quietly to himself.

—————————

The location Imlie had been sent was wrong. She was already delayed by an hour and now was panicking in full-blown mode.

This was a chance for her to redeem herself but nothing seemed to be going right.

Pia had told her she'd be going ahead and sent her the location which was "forwarded" by the Editor. She also couldn't call Aryan—he already had told her he had hopes from her for this.

She called the Editor herself and asked for the address again. She realised something was fishy when the address was conveniently different.

To top it all, her questions got jumbled up with certain other files due to the sudden "hustle bustle" in the office in the morning.

In short, nothing seemed to be going right today, which only added further to her delay.

She put all these thoughts behind for now and decided to rush to the correct place.

"Sita Maiyya....please save me."