•16

{Some romantic moments between our dear couple.
A tiny disclaimer—I am not well- versed with writing intimate stuff, but I have tried my best.}

———————

Aryan was still dealing with his newly—discovered feelings for Imlie.

He had always known it—but now did not hesitate giving a name to it.

He found himself secretly smiling sometimes—while thinking about her— after which he convinced himself that he had lost his head.

He, however, still did not want to burden her with his feelings—because he remembered very well how difficult it has been for her—with her being married again and disappointed numerous times by the people she has considered 'family'.

He wanted to give her time—she was still young— he felt it would be unfair to burden her with his expectations for their relationship.

With this thought in mind, somewhere, unknowingly, he had started ignoring her.

He devoted too much time to his work and Imlie was starting to get frustrated with him.

Aryan realised this when he heard Imlie grumbling in their room once.
She thought he had left—but he was still standing near the door, trying his best to hide a chuckle, while she went on ranting.

"What does he think....he can just NOT TALK? To ME? Imlie from Pagdandiya?..."

"Not that he talks too much anyway...that saddu aggadbaggha...but NO! He has to completely ignore me na?..."

"I'll show him now...if he keeps working like this from henceforth...there's no saving him from my koni. NO ONE!..."

He was somewhere enjoying this too much for his own good. He was basking in her requiring his attention at every moment , knowing very well he was getting on her nerves—and was all for this.

It was nighttime now.

She was sitting on the bed, staring at him.

She had just finished cleaning her wardrobe—something that was not necessary to be done, but she did it anyway to "vent out her frustration".

In the evening, he had not said much, except when she had asked him about her work and he told her to improve certain aspects of her article— making her re-write some.

He was just being a hard taskmaster as usual, she fumed—as she continued staring.

Aryan was busy on his laptop, dealing with work related to his 10 other businesses.
He was truly unaware of his little lady's strong but feisty gaze on him.

Imlie had had enough. She would make him talk now. Anyhow.

But how?

The only way she knew was by flustering him.

So she stood up and walked right in front of him. When he still acted like he paid no heed, she took the laptop away from him...which immediately caught his attention.

He now looked at her with a puzzled face. The next thing she did, was something she never imagined she would do— but it made Aryan go red in the face.

She sat on his lap.

Aryan's eyes went wide, he gulped,

"What...what do you think...you're doing?"

Imlie, who was ready for this, snapped at him.

"Well there was no other way, was there? You aren't looking at me or talking to me properly...atleast now I have your full focus."

She stared into his eyes with conviction.

At this, Aryan lightened up and decided to play along. He slid his hands around her waist and brought her closer to him.

Now, it was Imlie's turn to get flustered. She squirmed and tried to get out of his hold but Aryan held her tight in place.

"Where do you think you're going?"

When she tried to squirm again, he encircled his arms around her to grip her tight, "Not so fast...Jungli!"

But she could sense that this 'Jungli' was a different kind. It looked like he was going to consume her entirely when he said that.

He seen that her entire face had turned red.

"You are not going anywhere..."

He breathed soft air on her face while he slowly nudged his nose with her's in a playful way.

Imlie scrunched her eyes shut at the contact.

He waited—while she opened them slowly and then couldn't help but lovingly gaze at his handsome face.

She was lost in a trance and brought her hand back up to cup his face.

She brushed his beard, while Aryan's breath hitched.

Then she ran her finger through his brow-slit, to which he closed his eyes ...and finally brought her thumb to his lips.

She caressed his lower lip while staring at it, before Aryan stilled her hand.

He spoke in a strained voice, "Imlie...do ...do you know what you're doing? Don't!"

But Imlie didn't pay heed to him any further. With her mind made up, she leaned forward with her lips and lightly grazed his cheek.

She placed a small but lingering kiss on his cheek, where she could feel the prick of his beard.

She repeated the same on his other cheek. Aryan forgot how to breathe then.

She went on to place a feather-light kiss on his forehead —and slowly brought her head to rest against his.

"Aryan...I..." but she couldn't say more. She was overwhelmed with these unsaid emotions.

Both of them were breathing heavily while Aryan's grip on her waist had tightened considerably. She was still caressing his beard with one palm.

He looked up to see her flushed face and couldn't help staring at her lips—constantly trying to control the urge— to press his lips against hers.

Just as he was about to lean forward—his ringtone went off loudly while they both jumped away from each other.

Imlie started staring at the ceiling—admiring the paint on the walls— while Aryan was busy checking the contact details on his phone— for what seemed like minutes.

Finally, he glanced up at her, telling her it was an important call, while she, not knowing what to do, awkwardly gave him a thumbs up.

She watched him rush out of the room while she, too, was flustered enough to not move from her spot.

One thing was clear for now—there were both extremely disappointed with the half-left encounter.

And they longed for each other to share it again ...but this time....finish it! ;)