Ch. 15: Welcome Home

"Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart"

The sea was great and wide and Alaesys swor she could see the end of the earth. She had not sailed much in her youth. She preferred to ride dragon back when she could. Speaking of which, her dragon flew overhead and the sailors clung onto the side of the boat when she dipped her wing not the water.

"Gīda aōla!" Alaesys shouted at Cesyja. She wrong the end of her dress free from water and mumbled under her breath. Daemon stood beside of Alaesys with his hands folded behind his back.

"She's grown so much in the past two years. I think leaving King's Landing has made her blossom." Alaesys knew he was talking about her dragon, but she had blossomed as well. There were plenty of times her heart ached to be back with her grandfather and family. She understood that it wasn't the way things were now.

"I am just relieved she can stay in the sun longer." The conversation was dry and Alaesys could feel tension from Daemon. This would be the first time facing his brother since being married to Rhaenerya. It pained her mother to send her off with just Daemon but she could not travel the distance in such a state.

Daemon beckoned Alaesys over and pointed over the horizon line. Ally could see the tall walls surrounding the area and the large pillar further off. She put her hands on the edge of the boat and extended her neck, catching the cool breeze before she would be walking through the stuffy, hot streets of capital.

"I did not miss the stench." Alaesys stated, wafting her hand under her nose. Daemon nodded in agreement.

"That's the smell of a Hightower treachery." Alaesys drew her lips in to stop her smile. She could hear the men at the dock shouting to pull the ship in. Alaesys pulled her hands infront of her as she saw who stood at the docks waiting for her. She half expected Aemond, or perhaps even the hand, Otto. But there stood her grandfather and the Queen.

Alicent forced a smile but Alaesys was no fool. Visery had to put full weight on his cane and it seemed the guards were trying to force him to sit. The ship completely pulled into dock and the sailors tied heavy ropes around pillars. Viserys pained face lit up at the sight of his grandchild. Alicent wrapped her arm around his shoulder to help keep him steady. Alaesys felt her chest ache that Aemond was not here to greet her, she had actually been excited to see how the long haired boy had grown.

A shy, white haired woman came from behind Alicent and Alaesys face lifted a bit. Helaena has blossomed into a lovely young woman. Her cheeks were full of life and she rests her crossed arms on a swollen belly. Ally now felt bad for the way she used to tease the girl about her bugs. The bridge from the ship to dock landed and Daemon held up his hand to take Alaesys. She gently took his hand and allowed him to help her down the ramp. Viserys limped towards his granddaughter and she welcome his embrace.

She tried not to think about how she could feel every rob and ragged breath he took. When she pulled back from the hug he raised a hand and placed it on her face. "My beautiful Rhaenerya." Alaesys smiles and put her hand over his.

"Grandsire, it's Alaesys. Remember?" Ally gave a soft reminder and the light clicked behind his eyes.

"A-ah yes! My lovely granddaughter. You look so much like your mother, and my eyes are very old you know." The old man laughed and Alaesys laughed alongside him. Daemon stood before his brother and the joy seeped from his body a little. "Brother."

"Your Grace." The two seemed to be at a standstill. There was definitely unspoken tension between the siblings but Alaesys could not be focused on that right now. Alaesys picked up her skirt and bowed to the Queen and Princess.

"My Lady, Princess Helaena." She kept her head low until she was wrapped in a warm hug by her aunt. Alaesys returned the affection and smiled wide at the girls playful giggles. Her swollen tummy between the two of them made it a little difficult to maneuver.

"Ally, oh you've grown." Helaena always spoke in quite a plain tone, but it was nice to have someone here besides her grandfather that welcomed her. Alicent put a hand on Helaena's shoulder.

"Princess, you have turned into such a beauty." The queen ran the knuckles of her fingers over Alaesys cheek. She then brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. It was a cold and forced smile and her touch almost seemed like she wanted to reach and grab Ally by the throat. "Come here, Dove." The Queen embraced the young woman and Ally seemed to freeze in place. She could only lift her hands for a quick second to hug back before Alicent pulled away again.

"Thank you, my Queen." Alaesys bowed again and the Queen laughed.

"Please, call me mother." Ally did not know how to respond. This was the woman who demanded her hand only years prior. Now she wished to befriend her. Daemon cut the tension by laughing, as he had done at his wife's funeral. Alicent turned to Daemon and her eyes hardened.

"May we head to the castle. I'm trying to watch my complexion." Daemon acted as if he fanned himself. Viserys agreed and waved the servants to open the carriage. There were two carriages and Alaesys made way to ride with Daemon when Alicent stopped her.

"Oh no, sweetling. You shall ride with us. I think your father-...uncle, should ride with his brother." Alaesys was not sure that he'd slip up was an accident. Daemon gave a small nod, his signature sign that things would be alright. Alaesys bowed to the Queen again.

"Of course." The women climbed into the carriage and Alaesys helped the struggling Helaena up the stairs. Alicent sat opposite from Ally and Helaena took the back of the carriage. The poor girl seemed to be sweating buckets and Alaesys knew from her mother's pregnancy that she must feel miserable.

"You are glowing, Helaena. How are you faring your pregnancy?" Helaena scooted back and put her hands on her heavy stomach.

"I feel like I might explode. I also have to urinate often." Alicent tapped Helaena's leg as a warning and turned her attention back on the Princess. Alicent studied every inch of the young girl.

Her chest has blossomed and she was no longer the stick thin little girl she once knew. She had grown curves and her hair was ever long. Rhaenerya barely allowed the servants to trim her hair and Alicent could see why. Her eyes were the same vibrant lilac and it was a lovely contrast against her pale skin. Alicent put her hand on Helaena's stomach.

"This will be you, soon enough. You will bring Aemond many sons, I have mother intuition on that." Alaesys gave a stiff smile. Child labor seemed more brutal than war. Her mother had suffered greatly and she had watch her pass out from the pain alone.

"I would hope to have boys and girls. I want them to have the same relationship I have with my brothers." Alaesys grew saddened at the thought of her brothers. She missed them so, and she fretted over who would read Joffrey his bedtime tales.

"Having brothers is rather dull." Helaena butted into the conversation. Alaesys laughed and covered her mouth with her hand.

"I agree." Alaesys held Helaena's hand, and the girl nearly flinched from the contact. Alaesys worried what she might have suffered under the hand of the Prince. Alaesys could hear the gates opening and she looked through the small holes of the carriage windows.

She was home.