Chapter 57: Hellfire

"I would tear apart the world just to lay at your feet

"I would tear apart the world just to lay at your feet."

Alaesys scrubbed at her hands so hard with water she thought her skin might peel off. She mumbled insults to herself while she kneeled over the bucket. Her mind was still clouded and she couldn't process what she had done. Her entire body stiffened when long fingers creeped around her arms and up into her hands, assisting her gently.

"You had the right to do what you did." Aemond whispered against her ear. He carefully separated her hands so she did not rub herself raw. He gently cleaned underneath her nails and kissed her exposed neck. "Aemma is perfect. Our boys are perfect." Aemond could physically feel Alaesys shake in rage still.

"If it wasn't for Luke, I would have killed him." Her voice was low even though they were behind the tents away from the crowd. Aemond took her hands in his, kneeling before her and he examined the bruised skin breaking out against her busted knuckles. He carefully watched blood prickle from her wounds and down her index finger.

"I would have resurrected him just to devour his heart again." Aemond moved Alaesys finger across his lips, sharp tongue poking out to cleanse the red liquid off of her skin. Alaesys smirked down at him, watching him consume her finger into his mouth. His tongue curled around her digit, between her fingers. He carefully took her finger from his mouth, a line of saliva connecting his cat like grin to her finger tip.

Alaesys grabbed his head between her unnerved hands. He did not fear her. Even if she wished to shatter his skull between her hands, he would look her in the eye and still tell her how much he worshipped her. He closed his eye in comfort, hands falling limp to his sides.

"I would do anything for them. For us." She continued. Her nails traced the scar the peaked out underneath Aemond's eyepatch. He smelled of sweat, of anger, of man. It had her warm in places that were unholy. "We must do anything for our children. Go to the ends of the earth for them...."

Aemond bowed his head, resting his forehead against Alaesys abdomen. He grabbed at her thighs through her silk skirts and shuddered. "Anything. I would do anything. I will rain hellfire down on kingdoms." Aemond slowly raised his head, Alaesys thin fingers tucked under his jaw. He swallowed, the smallest of sounds escaping his lips. Gods, she had a power over him he could not describe.

"Good." Alaesys removed her fingers from his jaw and she swore she heard the man whimper from the lack of touch. The princess wrapped a cloth around her knuckles and cleared her throat. "Now go win this fucking tourney, so I may gift you with a blessing of my own."

~

Her entire family, even the King, looked in awe when Alaesys returned to her seat. Viserys had thought about calling off the tourney as a whole but Alaesys insisted it continued.

"Fun. I want to have fun." She intrigued, with a smile a bit too wide. Alicent had watched with worrisome eyes at Alaesys smile that nearly split her cheeks. Jacerys tried leaning over his mother to speak with Ally. Alaesys had only given him a sharp look and told him he would miss the best part of the festivities if he continued talking. Jace knew his sister. This was her but it was like someone else was living in her body, beneath her skin.

He did not speak further, just sat back in his seat and watched the other competitors. Smaller houses battled it out and one by one they fell. Alaesys watched absentmindedly until the horns seemed to bellow even louder than before. The announcer coughed a few times before continuing.

"Next to the field is the eldest son of King Viserys Targaryen and Alicent Hightower! Prince Aegon Targaryen!" Alaesys was not shocked when Aegon came strutting out in what was possibly the shiniest armor she had seen. It was silver like Aemond's but black chains splayed across his chest and around the waist band of the armor. His horse was nearly pure black accept for the white streak along its head and between her ears.

Alaesys knew that this entire thing was a display of power. She wanted to yawn and wave him off but knew that would be very rude to do. She could only do so many rude things in a day before the whispers would grow more concerning. Alaesys crossed her fingers in front of her when Aegon made his way to the front.

Aegon took off his feathered helm and sat it in front of him. "Father." He bowed his head low for the king. King Viserys seemed to be looking beuh one the boy, or maybe even through him. Viserys have a grunt of recognition and Alicent smiled at her son. Aegon's eyes moved from his parents, to Helaena. The young woman had her head down and hands held against her stomach tightly.

His eyes drifted to Alaesys.

Alaesys begged in her mind, no, no, no. Your wife you bumbling idiot. Choose the mother of your children!

Aegon pointed his lance at Alaesys.

Then moved it to her left.

"Princess Helaena." Alaesys didnt care that the world could hear her audible sigh of relief. Helaena seemed so very shocked by this public display of affection. She half expected Aegon to gather up a chambermaid on his horse and run into the wilderness. But he looked....good. He had given up drinking for a few weeks while he trained. He was usually more miserable than usual but his wife kept her distance.

The circles under his eyes had faded and his hair looked washed. It was combed back out of his face, and he did not smell of vomit. Helaena could almost see him as a prince. One out of her fairytale stories. Not the monster that used to sleep in the same bed as her. He gave a small smile and gestures his head to the lance. She quickly got up from her seat and slid the offering down his weapon until it hit the base. "I will return it to you."

It was not the most romantic phrase Helaena had ever heard but it still made a blush rise to her cheeks. She almost skipped back to her seat and found herself excited for the battle. Aegon took his stance and the announcer belted out Aegon's competition.

"We have a Veteran joining us today! Prince Consort, Daemon Targaryen!" Alaesys knew Alicent's heart was in her shoes. She could hear the insistent whispers between Otto, Alicent and the king himself.

Aegon did not have half the skill as Daemon, a certified Hightower Hater.

Alaesys knew Helaena was sweating buckets. Aemond adorned armor that was made for a fine knight. Red feathers helm, mighty dark horse and sharp points that jutted from his armor. Alaesys smiled at her father. Daemon stopped his horse before Rhaenyra. She lifted her head and waited for his question.

Just because they were married and had many children together, did not mean that Daemon could take her for granted.

"My Queen, May I finish what we started many years ago?" His voice was like the prettiest velvet. Rhaenyra stood and gave him a curtsy, moving to the edge of the fence to throw down her offering to him. Red thorns intertwined together and Daemon immediately recognized the design.

King of the Narrow Seas.

It made Daemon chuckle, much like an inside joke. Viserys could not contain the groan. Nobody knew if it was from pain or the agony of seeing his little girl so in love with his brother still.