Ch: 21: For You? Anything

"The fear of losing each other is always stronger than the pain we cause

"The fear of losing each other is always stronger than the pain we cause."

Alaesys recovery was slow and painful, but eventually her health started to take a turn for the better. At her bedside table she had a stack of letters from her mother and siblings. Baela had sent her horde of perfumes because Alaesys had wrote her sister and complained of the hideous smell of King's Landing. Jace had sent her little trinkets he had made with the Dragonstone blacksmith. Lucerys had written his letter along with Joffrey. They were full of questions about when she would come home.

Rhaenerya's letters were the ones that went unopened. Her stay had exceeded weeks of what she was supposed to. Wedding planning had went into motion, very much against Daemon's and Rhaenerya's wishes. Alaesys knew those letters were full of pleading and telling her she was a love-struck idiot.

Alaesys was picking through her letters when the Queen came to her door. Alicent had made countless visits to the Princess. She didn't really say much, just checked on her health and if they were feeding her enough. More uncomfortable questions would follow. Alicent's main concern was if any of Alaesys reproductive organs had been damaged in the attack.

The maesters assured her that the cut was not deep enough to affect such things. The poison had not made it far into her bloodstream and was cleaned out with countless remedies for days at a time. She was timing out Alaesys next cycle more than Alaesys ever had. If everything lined up correctly, she would be most fertile at the time of her wedding to Aemond.

Alicent sat on the edge of Alaesys bed and put her hand on the girls knee. "How are you feeling sweetling?" Alaesys shifted so she could sit up and not seemed so comfortable.

"I feel much better. Although being stuffed away in this room is driving me crazy." Alicent laughed at that remark and nodded in agreement.

"Be sure to get some fresh air when you can. I believe there is a festival in the city. People selling wares and food." It was clear Alicent had more to say. Alaesys set her letters back on her side table and moved to sit beside the Queen. "I wanted to...apologize for my behavior. When Aemond lost his eye I was full of rage. When you are a mother you will understand."

Alicent put her hand on Alaesys and gave it a soft squeeze. "I forgive you, your grace. We are to be family soon." Alaesys response was stiff and rehearsed but Alicent was eager to accept it. She leaned in and kissed Alaesys on the cheek, stroking down her hair.

"Thank you, child. Now," Alicent clapped her hands and in came a barrage of maids carrying dresses and ribbons alike. Alaesys was surprised by the pure size of the women who piled into her dorms. "Aemond is taking you to the festival today. We will make sure you two are dressed for the occasion. It is time we removed you from this damp room."